Stafford Traded to the Rams for Goff & Picks

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
sounds like you could make the argument they bought these draft picks by absorbing Goffs cap hit, wonder how long they'll even keep him if they are able to draft a QB this year
Anything you get from him is gravy, and hopefully he can at least manage games for them. But IMO unless they actually love Goff, they must draft a QB with the 7th pick.

A 2022 1st rounder equals a 2020 2nd rounder and a 2023 1st is like a 2020 3rd. Dan Campbell might be fired before that 2023 pick makes it to camp.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
But IMO unless they actually love Goff, they must draft a QB with the 7th pick.
Nah they know they're in rebuilding mode and unless a good qb drops I'd go bpa knowing I have draft capitol the next couple years and can go with Goff for now. They have a decent qb in Goff so no reason to reach for a sub-standard one now

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The Breer article is a fascinating read. Makes a little more sense of why the trade occurred.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Nah they know they're in rebuilding mode and unless a good qb drops I'd go bpa knowing I have draft capitol the next couple years and can go with Goff for now. They have a decent qb in Goff so no reason to reach for a sub-standard one now
Take it you aren’t a fan of this years QB class

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

The Breer article is a fascinating read. Makes a little more sense of why the trade occurred.
The Rams clearly overpaid but I do understand why they did it and I think it makes sense for both sides even though it might not actually work out for both.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Take it you aren’t a fan of this years QB class
I think it's a pretty good QB class but I guess it all depends what you want and who falls to your pick. For the Lions they need a full rebuild so who cares if the first round pick isn't this year. An added bonus is that Goff is a QB who has shown he can be pretty good in the NFL. So the Lions aren't totally screwed at QB either.

Cotton

Staff member
I think it's a pretty good QB class but I guess it all depends what you want and who falls to your pick. For the Lions they need a full rebuild so who cares if the first round pick isn't this year. An added bonus is that Goff is a QB who has shown he can be pretty good in the NFL. So the Lions aren't totally screwed at QB either.
That's what made the trade so good for the Lions. The 2 first round picks also came with a stopgap at QB.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Niners trying to get Cousins? That's the rumor.

data

Forbes #1
I’m in the camp that Stafford will flourish under McVay. Could take until 2022 for Stafford to hit his stride, but, in the end, Stafford will be worth the two non-Top 10 firsts and second.

At the very least, it will be interesting to watch how a Madden-esque trade plays out in the real world.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
Niners trying to get Cousins? That's the rumor.
can’t imagine it’s anotherstarter-for-starter trade for Garapollo.

Getting rid of Cousins would admit full rebuild for the Vikings.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom