Stafford Traded to the Rams for Goff & Picks

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I love how they can jettison Cooks, Goff and Gurley but we're stuck with Zeke.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Detroit not picking a QB at 7 might hurt us. I'd like for Surtain, Farley and Parsons to all be on the board at 10.
One if not all of them will be there at 10. Besides they may still pick a QB like Lance to develop for a year or two. Think of Goff like an expensive Alex Smith.

p1_

DCC 4Life
boy howdy, I feel bad for Goff. Talk about short stick.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The way the Rams are just trading away future draft picks reminds me of how a certain team in north Texas used to do business.

Good look Rams fans.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Wow, the Rams really wanted to get rid of Goff
His salary wasn't that bad compared to what the current group of QBs are expecting to make. But there are 4 more years on the deal so I can see why they'd throw in a little extra.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Strange that he'd blackball New England, a perennial playoff team with a great head coach. Maybe he had a private convo with Brady. Or maybe he saw their lack of weapons.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Strange that he'd blackball New England, a perennial playoff team with a great head coach. Maybe he had a private convo with Brady. Or maybe he saw their lack of weapons.
I think it's the latter.

Stafford's at that point in his career where he sees the writing on the wall and knows he probably only has a few years left as a starting QB. New England's depth chart on the offensive side of the ball looks like a 2-3 year reclamation project. That's IF they finally start getting some of those personnel decisions right.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
His salary wasn't that bad compared to what the current group of QBs are expecting to make. But there are 4 more years on the deal so I can see why they'd throw in a little extra.
This is the latest in a recent trend of teams getting draft picks for taking on other teams' bad contracts

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Or he learned a lot about the Patriot Way from Patricia and Quinn and wanted nothing to do with it again.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
The Rams definitely have a different opinion on first round picks. If I were a fan it would make me miserable to never have draft picks.
If we didn't have high draft picks then what would we have to look forward to as Cowboys fans?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
sounds like you could make the argument they bought these draft picks by absorbing Goffs cap hit, wonder how long they'll even keep him if they are able to draft a QB this year
Depends how Goff plays I guess.

Top Bottom