Stafford Traded to the Rams for Goff & Picks

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm honestly just glad the Skins didn't get him. There's basically a 0.0% chance they get Watson unless they give up like 3 full drafts, so they're kind of out of luck on a QB.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I'm honestly just glad the Skins didn't get him. There's basically a 0.0% chance they get Watson unless they give up like 3 full drafts, so they're kind of out of luck on a QB.
Colts are on the outside looking in, too.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea, I mean why would someone like Stafford want to go there?

Even with a legit QB they're a borderline contender at best, teams like the Colts, 49ers and Rams all have way better infrastructure in place for a QB, even if that infrastructure is fleeting in the Rams case.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
My thing is, Goff isn't that bad anyway. He can't move or improvise, which is a pretty big negative today, and maybe you think he isn't quite good enough to beat a Mahomes or Allen or whoever in the Super Bowl. But this isn't like going from Jameis Winston to Tom Brady.

That said, I am curious to see how he does with a good coach and defense for once. But although I like him like most people, I'm just not sure in the end he's that great, at least at this point of his career.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Just looked it up, the Rams will now go 7 straight seasons without a 1st round pick. Holy hell.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Colts are on the outside looking in, too.
Yeah they are really in a tough spot. They may have to go with Brissett again while drafting Mac Jones or something.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

If King is accurate, here is your list of teams who will be drafting a QB high.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My thing is, Goff isn't that bad anyway. He can't move or improvise, which is a pretty big negative today, and maybe you think he isn't quite good enough to beat a Mahomes or Allen or whoever in the Super Bowl. But this isn't like going from Jameis Winston to Tom Brady.

That said, I am curious to see how he does with a good coach and defense for once. But although I like him like most people, I'm just not sure in the end he's that great, at least at this point of his career.
The Rams definitely have a different opinion on first round picks. If I were a fan it would make me miserable to never have draft picks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Rams definitely have a different opinion on first round picks. If I were a fan it would make me miserable to never have draft picks.
It definitely makes things a lot less interesting unless they are aggressive in the free agency market.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

If King is accurate, here is your list of teams who will be drafting a QB high.
Detroit not picking a QB at 7 might hurt us. I'd like for Surtain, Farley and Parsons to all be on the board at 10.

data

Forbes #1
Detroit not picking a QB at 7 might hurt us. I'd like for Surtain, Farley and Parsons to all be on the board at 10.
Wait. we’re not picking #4?

oh that’s right. We traded down six spots in exchange for another Week 17 no-show.

data

Forbes #1
Just looked it up, the Rams will now go 7 straight seasons without a 1st round pick. Holy hell.
Seems ridiculous, but halfway through, their return on investment much better than ours.

Top Bottom