Russia Invades Ukraine

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't think Russia should have invaded Ukraine, but I also think Russia was absolutely instigated by the west. There was absolutely no reason for us to court Ukraine to abandon Russia and be our allies instead. That would be like if Russia became close with Canada and started having a financial and military presence on our doorstep. It's uncomfortable to say the least.

And it's all because the Biden crime family wants to launder money through corrupt Ukraine.
Hello, Cuban missile crisis, Bay of Pigs.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The West and democracy are still idealogically the 'enemy'. We are decadent sinners, woke, transgender and in inevitable decline.
I don't think that's true. They might mock us over the woke stuff, but ultimately I don't think they give a shit what we do domestically. They certainly don't care about the sinner stuff, that's Muslims that care about that kind of thing. Russia is not strongly religious.

Russia is autocratic but they are technically a democracy. We aren't really at odds with them ideologically anymore.

Putin is trying to put the band (USSR) back together, he's ambitious and nostalgic that way. Not to mention bellicose
No he's not. That was part of the propaganda in the West to get people to support Ukraine.

The original idea was to conquer Ukraine/Kyiv in short order, much like they took Crimea in 2014. It wasnt supposed to meet with much resistance, it hadnt in Crimea.

That's because Crimea is 82% Russian. The locals weren't anti Russian.

Now the war is mired in stalemate, bodies and destroyed military equipment piling up without any movement or wins for Russia.
I'm not sure that's as true as we're supposed to believe. In fact I think it's false to say Russia has no movement or wins in Ukraine.

Even if it were true, at what cost? Billions of US dollars in a depressed economy with massive inflation?

We dont want Russia to take Ukraine, because it wont end there.
It won't end there? I doubt that. What evidence do you have for that?

We dont want to fight Russia directly.

Why would we? We were never ever on the verge of even coming close to a war with Russia in the past 30 years.

If anything our stupid actions in that part of the world has brought us much closer to war with Russia than doing nothing would have.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Geng knocking it out of the park.

This whole thing is bullshit. It stinks to high heaven.

If everyone were so worried about Russia marching across Europe Cold War style, why are we paying more than the Euros themselves?

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't think that's true. They might mock us over the woke stuff, but ultimately I don't think they give a shit what we do domestically. They certainly don't care about the sinner stuff, that's Muslims that care about that kind of thing. Russia is not strongly religious.
Russia is autocratic but they are technically a democracy. We aren't really at odds with them ideologically anymore.
These ideas (LGBTQ, Immorality) are embedded the anti - West propaganda served daily by their media to the politically disempowered populace. The people might not otherwise give a shit, but media programming conditions the citizenry, just like the shittycorrupt corporate media here. Its meant to justify the SMO that cant be called a 'war', and which no one can protest for fear of imprisonment.
If you havent heard or watched Margerita Simonyan and Vlad Solovyov, you should:

That's because Crimea is 82% Russian. The locals weren't anti Russian.
Agreed. Regardless of reasons, there was no resistance, as opposed to what we see in Ukraine. They clearly dont want to be part of Russia and Russia aint welcome.

No he's not. That was part of the propaganda in the West to get people to support Ukraine.
Why attack Ukraine in the original, then? Are they a threat? Or a puppet regime of Biden's? Ukraine was a key, maybe the key to the USSR. See below where I mention a pretty significant Putin quote regarding the Soviet Union.

I'm not sure that's as true as we're supposed to believe. In fact I think it's false to say Russia has no movement or wins in Ukraine.
There are gains, but they are miniscule in relation to the goal of taking the whole of Ukraine. The Russian controlled portion is in the teens percentage wise. Not quite 20% of Ukraine. For what was allegedly ‘the second best military in the world’ with a clear size and resource advantage to squash its much smaller neighbor easily, Russia is now called ‘the second best army in Ukraine’. Two years later Kyiv is still Ukrainian. And I know its mostly because we’re paying for it. But still, shouldnt the mighty Russian army have been able to crush its little brother, even with our help?

Even if it were true, at what cost? Billions of US dollars in a depressed economy with massive inflation?
Inflation and a border fiasco that Im way too close to in Dallas. I see these refugees and illegals standing on our street corners with their children and it's bad. I cant stand what Biden has done, or should I say, hasnt done re: immigration. Inflation sucks, prices for groceries are ridiculous and everyone feels it.

It won't end there? I doubt that. What evidence do you have for that?
No hard evidence, just strong belief based on what Ive learned about Putin. One famous/infamous quote of his is that 'the collapse of the Soviet Union was the greatest geopolitical catastrophe of the 20th century.'
Hence, the need to resurrect the former USSR. Ironically, several of those countries are now part of NATO. Why might that be?

Why would we? We were never ever on the verge of even coming close to a war with Russia in the past 30 years. If anything our stupid actions in that part of the world has brought us much closer to war with Russia than doing nothing would have.
We wouldn't. Only it seems Ukraine's governing ruler is looking at the big pocket (and the other NATO countries ), and saying 'please help us defend ourselves'. I guess NATO feels threatened by a belligerent Putin.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Agreed. Regardless of reasons, there was no resistance, as opposed to what we see in Ukraine. They clearly dont want to be part of Russia and Russia aint welcome.
Because we didn't support and prop up Crimea.

I wonder why? (hintmoneyhint)

Why attack Ukraine in the original, then? Are they a threat? Or a puppet regime of Biden's? Ukraine was a key, maybe the key to the USSR. See below where I mention a pretty significant Putin quote regarding the Soviet Union.

Because we backed a coup to depose the previous pro Russia regime and installed a pro western regime in Ukraine. Russia was previously content to leave Ukraine be all this time. Why is that?

Top Bottom