Redskins stuff...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let me see if I get this. Dad (Jerry) is beating Mom (the team) -- and has been for 25 years. The kids (we, the fans) have been watching Dad beat Mom for that whole time. The draft comes along, but is of no benefit to Mom. Dad keeps beating the hell out of Mom, but we fans say, "Don't worry Mom, the draft is coming soon. It'll be fun for us, and even though Dad keeps beating you, we still support you."
The first few years he didn't beat. And he isn't beating her anymore as bad. Maybe he will die soon. Do you stop loving your mom because of it? Of course not.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
But someone please explain to me why, at this stage of the season, one game -- win or lose -- and a resulting draft spot, makes any difference whatsoever.
Because depending on how things shake out, we could pick anywhere from 10th to the low 20's or worse. I'd say that makes quite a BIG difference.

Granted, some pretty crazy stuff would have to happen for us to pick as high as 10th, but picking from around 14-16 is quite possible.

p1_

DCC 4Life
For the sake of perspective, how about the "pre-Jerry" Cowboys. We were right there with the Steelers in the 70's. Stayed relevant until around 86'. Always in the mix until then. 86-89 we were garbage. Of course Jimmy and Troy came along in 89'.
That's a four year span of bad football. FOUR YEARS!!!
Compare that to our current 24 year run of bad teams, mediocrity, and underachievement with talented rosters. And we all know who the common thread is here throughout this entire timeframe.
I got to go to a SB vs the Steelers

p1_

DCC 4Life
Because depending on how things shake out, we could pick anywhere from 10th to the low 20's or worse. I'd say that makes quite a BIG difference.

Granted, some pretty crazy stuff would have to happen for us to pick as high as 10th, but picking from around 14-16 is quite possible.
It’s pretty probable

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I followed all the same teams you guys did. That's what makes it hard to walk away (although I've gotten much better at laughing and just shaking my head during games, and shrugging off the predictable awfulness.)

Still don't get how a draft pick or two changes anything. It's not like two or three truly stellar picks changes anything. This team has a fair amount of talent and number one picks in the lineup. Still....

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Redskins have absolutely nothing to play for except for better draft position.....yet it still wouldn't surprise me to see the Cowboys struggle to eek out a 20-16 type win.
We have yet to win a close game. So of course we would this week.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The Redskins have absolutely nothing to play for except for better draft position.....yet it still wouldn't surprise me to see the Cowboys struggle to eek out a 20-16 type win.
Prescott didn’t practice this week?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

What the hell is he talking about? I don't recall anything he has said that was even noteworthy enough to be twisted.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

What the hell is he talking about? I don't recall anything he has said that was even noteworthy enough to be twisted.
If I were the players I'd not want to talk to the media either. I'd be in a piss ass mood.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If I were the players I'd not want to talk to the media either. I'd be in a piss ass mood.
Yeah, who would want someone sticking a microphone in you face and essentially asking you why are you guys such losers and collapse when it comes to crunch time? I wouldn’t like it either but these guys get paid very well to play the game so they have to take the medicine when they don’t deliver. If they cant do this then they are not stand up guys and need some developmental training.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom