Redskins stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Agreed. In all honesty we just have to hope a scheme change can get more out of his group because there's no way in hell we can upgrade all the trouble spots in one offseason.

My priorities would be:

1. DL
2. Safety
3. MLB
4. CB
Agree with your list, with only one caveat. The DL need to be DT.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Byron Jones hasn't been that good either. A middle of the pack FA could match his level of play.
That's simply not true.

I'm not saying he's top 5 or anything but he's top third-ish probably. We have a huge hole without him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's simply not true.

I'm not saying he's top 5 or anything but he's top third-ish probably. We have a huge hole without him.
I agree with this. Just because he isn't getting INTs, he is a very solid CB.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That should be at the bottom of our defensive needs.
I dont think so. I dont think LVE is coming back. Jaylon isnt showing much. Lee is done. Maybe its not the top one but its up there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont think so. I dont think LVE is coming back. Jaylon isnt showing much. Lee is done. Maybe its not the top one but its up there.
Jaylon got the big extension and LVE isn't going anywhere. The only reason to even think LBer is if LVE retires in the offseason.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jaylon got the big extension and LVE isn't going anywhere. The only reason to even think LBer is if LVE retires in the offseason.
Thats exactly why I think LB should be considered. I dont think LVE comes back and sometimes players dont live up to their contracts. Not to mention depth and the other LBer spot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
A smart team would realize that Vander Esch is toast and make it a priority.

These dumb fucks will cross their fingers and hope he will rebound.

Hope is a strategy with these idiots.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A smart team would realize that Vander Esch is toast and make it a priority.

These dumb fucks will cross their fingers and hope he will rebound.

Hope is a strategy with these idiots.
I think most of us knew he was done this season. But saying his career is over seems to be a big reach without more information.

I've never been a big fan of thinking you build a defense around your 4-3 LBers either though. You also thought Frederick's career was done. So you're probably just a tad on the pessimistic side.

Top Bottom