Random Politics Stuff Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I didn’t read past the headline, but I was able to download the app on my iPhone right now.
They hadn't banned it yet, but they gave them 24 hours to comply or be banned. Google already did it of course.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I live on a dead end road out in the country. There are about 7 houses along this stretch of road. Between the 7 houses I would estimes there is over 100k of ammo. Plus, the guy that lives at the dead end of the road has a gun room, not a gun safe. You can walk into this "safe" and he has around $75k worth of guns.
My brother built one of them off the back of his 35'x75' heated shop. About a 20'x20' room. Has a 1/2 bathroom built off the back of that with a generator to run the whole shop in case power is lost. Has a big poker table set up in the middle of it. 2 huge gun safes built into the west wall opposite the door. With another 4 just outside the door in the shop. One safe has nothing but hand guns of assorted caliber and ammo. Probably 50 or so. He built his safe room about 5 years ago. He's been collecting guns since he was a kid. He's 45 now. I couldn't even begin to guess how many he has. Makes me look like I have nothing. He's slowed down on buying guns the last few years, but still manages to add one here and there if he stumbles on a good buy. He owns a tire store in Williston, ND. Has actually acquired guns and ammo from people in trade for the price of tires and working on their vehicles.

He is not nearly as much of a doomsday prepper as one would think with that kind of stockpile. He just loves guns and collecting them. Figures it's just a good investment as guns don't lose their value if you take care of them. A lot of his guns have never been fired, or have been fired very little.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I live on a dead end road out in the country. There are about 7 houses along this stretch of road. Between the 7 houses I would estimes there is over 100k of ammo. Plus, the guy that lives at the dead end of the road has a gun room, not a gun safe. You can walk into this "safe" and he has around $75k worth of guns.
Not to mention you can see from horizon to horizon so no one can slip up on you.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not to mention you can see from horizon to horizon so no one can slip up on you.
Yep, I have great sight lines. My house has about 2 miles behind it with nothing but field and the same across the road. He has about 1.5 miles of sight line. No one is sneaking up on us.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yep, I have great sight lines. My house has about 2 miles behind it with nothing but field and the same across the road. He has about 1.5 miles of sight line. No one is sneaking up on us.
If I was going to breach your perimeter, I'd just paint 'whataburger' on the side of my truck.

You'd drop your guns and come a runnin'.

Cotton

Staff member
If I was going to breach your perimeter, I'd just paint 'whataburger' on the side of my truck.

You'd drop your guns and come a runnin'.
Au contraire, my friend. Whataburger doesn't have vehicles. I would use my deductive reasoning and shit.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
LT’s about to fight in his second civil war.

Maybe we can let him be scorekeeper this time?

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I was kicking around the idea of buying some software and starting a political message board.

Was just kicking around names, so I typed in “silentmajority.com”. A godaddy broker came up so I followed the link.

It said the domain name was owned, but for sale. Just out of curiosity I inquired about the price.

$198,999.00

:lol

Cotton

Staff member
Au contraire...

and they could hide an arsenal in this thing
I will fight you over my superior Whataburger knowledge. That is one vehicle. That is not their normal business model.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Amazon's suspension of Parler's account means that unless it can find another host, once the ban takes effect on Sunday Parler will go offline.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
How long until they buy up all the ISPs and make it completely impossible for people to go online at all?

Cotton

Staff member
How long until they buy up all the ISPs and make it completely impossible for people to go online at all?
Oh, you will still be able to go online, but they will be the ones that get to dictate what you can and can't see or say online.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Oh, you will still be able to go online, but they will be the ones that get to dictate what you can and can't see or say online.
Right, I actually meant they could make it impossible for providers to go online.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
These places can’t just arbitrarily pick and choose categories of subscribers because to remain giants they have to have giant numbers of subscribers. The far left position would essentially cut their financial support in half or thereabouts.

Top Bottom