Random Politics Stuff Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They have now deplatformed Parler. Amazon has taken them off of their hosting service. This is bullshit.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I looked at Gab last night. Never checked it out before. I like the look of it much more than Parler... this one is more of a straight Twitter copy. Anyway, apparently the founder was a silicon valley worker who was ostracized for tweeting approval of the border wall (the HORROR!), so he quit and started his own. I guess he's been aware of censorship from the start so he's built everything to be very independent. Lives in rural Pennsylvania (IIRC?) so he can't be bullied physically.

Of course, a quick search shows nothing but the MSM calling it a hideout for right wing lunatics. Of course. Disagree with us even a little bit or you're a pariah.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Todd Maisch, the head of the Illinois Chamber of Commerce, warned that could make it tougher for small businesses to survive.
That's exactly what they want.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
It's scary. I'm not saying their was mass voter fraud but when you eliminate every way to question authority it's really starting to sound more like China and less like America.
agreed, this censorship and group think is scary as fuck to me, they're setting a horrible precedent they would lose their minds over if applied to their issues

I can think for myself and dont need some random bloke protecting me from others speech regardless of how insane it may be. In fact, I want the option of choosing to read what some lunatic thinks versus him or her being forced underground where its hard for anyone including law enforcement to track or be aware of whatever idiocy or ideology they espouse

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I forgot where I saw the interview, it may have been Ben Shapiro on the Rubin Report but they talked about how businesses were ultimately going to divide down party lines and it looks like thats starting to happen, I do hope platforms arise that dont succumb to peer pressure

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Sheik

DCC 4Life
This is not going to end well for the left.

People, wether they want to admit it or not, want to be offended. They want to argue, they want the fight.

It may take a while to launch a competing marketplace for all these conservative platforms and websites, but they will be back online, and they’ll attract the very people that claim that they want nothing to do with it.

Then you’ll see facebook and twitter start to lose billions per day. The next thing you’ll see after that is a relaxing of rulesand a welcome mat rolled out to the very people they tried to silence in the first place.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

People, wether they want to admit it or not, want to be offended. They want to argue, they want the fight.

It may take a while to launch a competing marketplace for all these conservative platforms and websites, but they will be back online, and they’ll attract the very people that claim that they want nothing to do with it.

Then you’ll see facebook and twitter start to lose billions per day. The next thing you’ll see after that is a relaxing of rulesand a welcome mat rolled out to the very people they tried to silence in the first place.
I'm hoping Musk makes a twitter like app now that he's been red-pilled

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Dude, the concepts of trolling and virtue signalling that keep Twitter and Facebook afloat with traffic utterly rely on it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Dude, the concepts of trolling and virtue signalling that keep Twitter and Facebook afloat with traffic utterly rely on it.
This is why Parler/Gab suck, there isn't the left presence to argue with

Top Bottom