Random Politics Stuff Thread...

Sheik

DCC 4Life
The above video is pretty interesting. I’m sure some of us can see through what’s happening.

1. Tax payers send money to their government.
2. Elected officials give large sums of that money in the billions to government entities.
3. Those entities, run by unelected officials divide that money in the form of grants to researchers.
4. Research yields high dollar returns that are then repaid in the form of dividends to the unelected officials.

They’re missing step 5. You know, where they then give that money way back to the original investors. Or, get this, you could redistribute those royalties back into the grant system instead of buying vacation homes and sex slaves.

Ummm, wtf? Does anyone see what this essentially is? Instead of reissuing that money back into the piggy that funds these programs, scientists and officials are being paid for making the initial investment. They could essentially stop asking us to find these types of things, but instead they take that money on top of their cushy salaries and perks.

Last edited:

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I just wonder exactly how much much it would cost to run this country if it was done responsibly.

Easily half of what it costs currently, then you could probably cut it in half again by getting tough/smart on entitlements.

Can we start a common sense party aimed at reforming government from top to bottom? Could it be done in a way where National Security wouldn’t be negatively affected in the short term? Could you trust the current generals and advisors to keep that part of government operational while we solved domestic issues?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The above video is pretty interesting. I’m sure some of us can see through what’s happening.

1. Tax payers send money to their government.
2. Elected officials give large sums of that money in the billions to government entities.
3. Those entities, run by unelected officials divide that money in the form of grants to researchers.
4. Research yields high dollar returns that are then repaid in the form of dividends to the unelected officials.

They’re missing step 5. You know, where they then give that money way back to the original investors. Or, get this, you could redistribute those royalties back into the grant system instead of buying vacation homes and sex slaves.

Ummm, wtf? Does anyone see what this essentially is? Instead of reissuing that money back into the piggy that funds these programs, scientists and officials are being paid for making the initial investment. They could essentially stop asking us to find these types of things, but instead they take that money on top of their cushy salaries and perks.
Would I be a total dick if I asked if you just now figured this out? :unsure

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Would I be a total dick if I asked if you just now figured this out? :unsure
:lol no.

I hadn’t ever realized that it worked exactly that way. I realize politicians live off of campaign contributions from large companies that want access, but I’d never considered that entities like NIH would get “dividends” paid back from the money(our tax money) they’ve granted to researchers and developers.

To me, that’s even more filthy than big pharma contributing to a campaign.

It’s like, why are they entitled to pocket that money instead of sending it back out in grants again? Is the money no good anymore in grant form?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It's much more filthy.

And I think your scenario is even a little too complex. The politicians (and related like Fauci) take our money that we earned and waste and steal it. Oh, and debase what we already have. That simple.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Anyone following the Sussman trial?

It’s super odd considering it’s almost set up like Givernment vs. Government. Most all witnesses for the prosecution could be classified as hostile witnesses.

James Baker, much to my surprise, he actually told the truth. I suspect he wouldn’t have if Preistap‘a notes weren’t allowed in as evidence.

So much “I don’t recall.”, so it gets quite boring, but there are some bright spots here and there.

I don’t know how they’ll ever get a conviction with all the open Trump haters they’ve allowed on the jury.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Now what could possibly go wrong with this?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Did you see where the WEF had their own police force -- looking suspiciously like Stasi -- detain Jack Posobiec today for merely reporting from Davos? A true "Show Me Your Papers" moment.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Also, hope all our Texans can vote in the AG runoff tomorrow. I'd never tell anyone how to vote, but as a friend of mine said... no more Bushes in power, please.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Did you see where the WEF had their own police force -- looking suspiciously like Stasi -- detain Jack Posobiec today for merely reporting from Davos? A true "Show Me Your Papers" moment.
I saw it. It's unreal. And then as soon as more reporters showed up defending him all the cops split.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah I saw. These people are way too comfortable and need to be taken down

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah I saw. These people are way too comfortable and need to be taken down
It's the elites pushing down the non-elites. That is the only way they can maintain control. Privilege comes in lots of forms. Mainly the monetary variety. It usually has nothing to do with race.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It's the elites pushing down the non-elites. That is the only way they can maintain control. Privilege comes in lots of forms. Mainly the monetary variety. It usually has nothing to do with race.
Yeah they just use the race thing to keep attention away from what they are doing

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Society is breaking down far quicker than people have predicted.

I’d hate to reference Jordan Peterson again, but he has warned that identity and tribal politics would be and has been the determining factor in past civilizations breaking down and dying off.

Top Bottom