Quinn Succession Planning

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The problem is, they don't hand out any trophies for winning 12 games. They hand out a trophy for winning the conference championship games, and the SB -- but only the one really counts.

Granted, that's only two teams, and then one, out of 32. But what you call the "culture" of post season failure is, for Jerry, good enough to keep the lemmings running over the cliff.
Hey, look at the bright side. Right on cue, after the anger has died down and everyone has moved on from the disappointment of yet another shitshow loss in the postseason……here comes old scabfaced, horseteeth, wrinkled fuck Jerry to start reeling the lemmings back.
“ We are going all in!!!!!!”

What a joke.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hey, look at the bright side. Right on cue, after the anger has died down and everyone has moved on from the disappointment of yet another shitshow loss in the postseason……here comes old scabfaced, horseteeth, wrinkled fuck Jerry to start reeling the lemmings back.
“ We are going all in!!!!!!”

What a joke.
I don't know what the hell you are laughing at Unk.

He is basically stealing your material.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If Jimmy used product, I'd guess it was so that his hair was one less distraction for him, like when he put his girlfriend on waivers.

These half fags today are using it for fashion reasons.
:lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
When was the defense elite? When poor teams didn't have the personnel on offense to go big and smash through the shrimps on the Dallas DL and second level?
To be fair, it was definitely elite in takeaways, which is something that had been plaguing us for what seemed like decades, all the way back to the Campo-as-DC years.

Getting all those takeaways and the ascendance of Parsons to elite pass rusher made the defense seem better than it really was, though.

It could never stop the run, never truly had a compliment pass rush to Parsons, and I have no idea what they were doing at safety/linebacker. The linebackers were too small to stop the run and the safeties were too big to stop the pass.

It's why I'm hopeful that if you bring in a guy like Rivera, fresh off a stop in Washington where he prioritized beef inside in Allen and Payne, that we may see turnovers drop a bit but overall defensive effectiveness improve. We should roll out Diggs-Gilmore-Bland next year at CB, too. Maybe a guy like Mukuama gets converted to FS full time. Add a DT and a good LB, get LVE back, and the pieces are there for a very good defense. Maybe Sam Williams takes a step as well.

I like Quinn and wasn't 100% in the "he's got to go" camp, but I think it's possible we can get better results with a different DC.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm with you on most of that, but I would happily move on from LVE.

He's not reliably healthy and not good enough to take the chance that he will be.
Yeah I hate relying on a guy I know won't be around for the entire season. It's just a roster spot that feels wasted in preparation for the later portion of the season when LVE is probably hurt.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm with you on most of that, but I would happily move on from LVE.

He's not reliably healthy and not good enough to take the chance that he will be.
You have to. Get a young leader in the middle.

Or go pay for a veteran like Jewell.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Go get Queen. Ravens won't be able to pay two great MLBs
So awesome player and he is going to get paid by someone but I feel a little like he is kind of like Clark. First two years of his career he was sort of viewed as a bust or disappointment. He then got paired up with Roquan Smith who I think is more the QB of that defense and suddenly Queen looks like a stud. I could be wrong but I think Dallas needs more of the "brains" of the operation at MLB. A high intelligence, film junkie type who can make the athletic beasts like Clark better around him. It's why I like Jewell. And please no one make this a white or black LBer thing. I think Roquan Smith is that type of LBer, Warner is that LBer for the 49ers and such. Maybe it's more of an opinion on LSU Lbers.

With that being said I wouldn't cry about Queen. Other guys out there (If we really are going all in) include:

Devin White
Jewell
Azeez
Luvu
Levonte David
Jordyn Brooks (Ugh the Tech fans)

There options. And off the ball LBer is one of the cheapest positions in the NFL behind RB. But you still have to try, you can't just say, well it's LVE's job again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is not a great MLB. Like stated before he is a heavier better version of what we think Clark is and he will get paid higher than his impact dictates.
I actually think Damone Clark is bigger. But I think Clark isn't that far off from what a lot of people thought of Queen his second year in the NFL. But year three and especially year four is where Queen really started to take off while being paired next to Roquan.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Who of any worth whatsoever is coming here for a play-out-the-string, dead end season? I have to imagine the Rivera's, Staley's, and Frazier's of the world will want multi-year deals, and there is no way Jerry is going to make that financial commitment when its about 95% certain the coaching staff is getting fired at the end of next season. I guess Jerry could bring them in to see if they would be a good option for when he fires McCarthy, but I doubt he wants to make that kind of investment.

I would be stunned if this was anything other than an internal promotion.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who of any worth whatsoever is coming here for a play-out-the-string, dead end season? I have to imagine the Rivera's, Staley's, and Frazier's of the world will want multi-year deals, and there is no way Jerry is going to make that financial commitment when its about 95% certain the coaching staff is getting fired at the end of next season. I guess Jerry could bring them in to see if they would be a good option for when he fires McCarthy, but I doubt he wants to make that kind of investment.

I would be stunned if this was anything other than an internal promotion.
It kind of appears the opposite. If it was an internal promotion I think Whitt would have been announced almost immediately. Instead we are hearing Whitt to the Skins possibly and external guys coming in for interviews.

You'll probably just get Jerry's usual unorthodox methods of forcing this defensive coordinator on the next head coach. You know, sort of like Kellen Moore being forced on McCarthy. Wasn't Mike Zimmer sort of forced on Parcells even back in the day?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He is not a great MLB. Like stated before he is a heavier better version of what we think Clark is and he will get paid higher than his impact dictates.
Agreed, he was kind of on the outs before they traded for Smith and since then he's looked much better, probably because Smith is covering for him in some areas. Good player but not worth elite money.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed, he was kind of on the outs before they traded for Smith and since then he's looked much better, probably because Smith is covering for him in some areas. Good player but not worth elite money.
I think having a guy next to you who is assignment sound and can help line you up, tip you off on what's coming and just generally feed you information can make a great run and chase LBer look better than they are. I'd like to do that for Clark, Overshown or whoever is playing LBer for us next year. What we need is a really smart LBer. Even if he isn't the freak athlete or whatever. It's also why I like Eichenberg in the draft, I think he is that type of a defensive leader.

Top Bottom