Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Brooks is sneaky good. One of those guys who doesn't look athletic at all but must have great vision and instincts because he always gets more yards than he should.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brooks is sneaky good. One of those guys who doesn't look athletic at all but must have great vision and instincts because he always gets more yards than he should.
Yeah I honestly haven't watched RBs in this class for the most part. He has production and his measurables are just meh. I have no idea. But if we draft him late day three I won't be mad.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nice late round/PFA type.
Pretty much. He's okay for me if guys like Pierce or Abram Smith are gone.

I think we are pretty transparent here. Who we are visiting with are likely going to be one of the bounty of fifths.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty much. He's okay for me if guys like Pierce or Abram Smith are gone.

I think we are pretty transparent here. Who we are visiting with are likely going to be one of the bounty of fifths.
I feel like the RBs we have been looking at are undrafted types. Like the goober from Florida.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not all of them are going to be. I know, it is hard to comprehend how rich we are with quality draft picks.
Yeah I'm just hoping these are priority FA types that we are romancing right now. Which actually makes some sense.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yeah I honestly haven't watched RBs in this class for the most part. He has production and his measurables are just meh. I have no idea. But if we draft him late day three I won't be mad.
He doesn't have great speed or explosiveness. His strength is his ability to set up blocks.

His running style is very similar to LeVeon Bell. He's a very patient runner.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He doesn't have great speed or explosiveness. His strength is his ability to set up blocks.

His running style is very similar to LeVeon Bell. He's a very patient runner.
Yeah I generally either want a guy with some mass and power or a guy who is small but explosive. He just kind of seems to be neither. Bell was at least a big dude coming out.

But I'm not going to pretend to have watched him. And a 205 pound guy with great balance can be a better tackle breaker than a 225 pound guy with no balance. So size isn't everything with a RB so I could easily be wrong on the guy.

Just not sure I care enough to go watch games on him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Brooks always looked like a potentially nice rotational RB whenever I watched Oklahoma, a 5th might be a little rich but I also wouldn't bitch about it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brooks always looked like a potentially nice rotational RB whenever I watched Oklahoma, a 5th might be a little rich but I also wouldn't bitch about it.
Now I feel like I'm going to need to go and watch some of the guy. Any recommendations of games?

I haven't paid attention to many RBs. Just guys I saw watching football during the year and all star games.

AAron_Burr8

LoL Troll
Now I feel like I'm going to need to go and watch some of the guy. Any recommendations of games?

I haven't paid attention to many RBs. Just guys I saw watching football during the year and all star games.
He dominated the bowl game vs oregon and the oklahoma st game at the end of the year

May also had a big game vs Texas ? Earlier in the year

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I'm just hoping these are priority FA types that we are romancing right now. Which actually makes some sense.
It is like recruiting.

Bring them to "The Star" see how stupid they are when they buy into the brand. The ones that are in awe, get a camp invite.

The RB from Florida seems like a perfect candidate.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Last year's Red River Rivalry game vs Texas was some of his finest work. Particularly in the 2nd half....that's when he did most of his damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom