Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems like there are two types of WRs we are looking at. Dudes that will go first round and guys that will be late day three or priority free agents. Still just seems very weird that we haven't really looked at many of the rounds 2-4 WR prospects. But that's probably true for most of the positions the Cowboys have looked at. They look at the top guys and they look at the guys they can woo if they go undrafted. But it does make me almost feel like we are aiming for 2 WR's in this draft. One high and one late. And if we miss out on the guy high we may just go another route for someone like FA or a trade. O-line on the other hand we have looked at guys throughout the draft. First round through seventh and everywhere in between.

I hope I'm wrong though as I think the second/third round receivers could be very good in this draft.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
When you look at that Burks doesn't look as bad as you'd think. You'd think all the guy does is run goes and screens when you read about him. I'm still not sure I love him in the first.

I've been thinking about it and I'm not so sure I would be against a slight trade down in the first, taking Green or Zion and then trying to move up in the second for Kenny Pickens. I really like him on the outside and honestly I think Lamb does his best work from the slot, which would allow him to play more there. And even to start the season with Pickens and Washington on the outside and Lamb in the slot I think I can work with that. Pickens really does have a bit of that AJ Green vibe to him on the outside. I'm not saying he is going to be as good, but when you watch him play I see some similarities.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's a new name if true, I'd be very happy with him in the 2nd.
Yeah don't remember that one. But he kind of fits our mold of DE/DT types that can sort of play all the Dline spots. Including 3 man fronts where he could play end or 4 man fronts where he plays 3 tech.

Not a bad player as long as you don't plan to make him a 4-3 DE.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don’t know. The best thing about him might be that he’s still growing
He's a legit 5T type who can rush from the interior, which is pretty much exactly what Quinn wants out of one of his base down DE's.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's a legit 5T type who can rush from the interior, which is pretty much exactly what Quinn wants out of one of his base down DE's.
I think his best position will be 5T and 3T in our defense. Put on 10 pounds and be a 6'6" 295 pound dude would be about perfect. Be a more talented Carlos Watkins or the big DE from the Bears last year who got hurt.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think his best position will be 5T and 3T in our defense. Put on 10 pounds and be a 6'6" 295 pound dude would be about perfect. Be a more talented Carlos Watkins or the big DE from the Bears last year who got hurt.
Yeah, 5T is his destination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom