Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sounds like a lot here when we were drafting Newman.
Newman was a year older and that was a top 5 pick. Big difference when you're talking picking in the top 5 range compared to the 25 range, especially when Newman wasn't a clear cut BPA while Lloyd likely would be.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Newman was a year older and that was a top 5 pick. Big difference when you're talking picking in the top 5 range compared to the 25 range, especially when Newman wasn't a clear cut BPA while Lloyd likely would be.
🍅

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You know age stuff used to bother me. Anymore I'm just looking at it and going, so he will be 29 when his 5 years is up instead of 27. Does it really matter all that much? Hell you may be able to resign him cheaper at 29 than a 27 year old would cost you. The way this franchise has become a tightwad I'm not sure an extension beyond the 5 years is going to happen anyway.

A 24 year old or a 21 year old. I don't know that I care anymore. And I was one of the people that was very adamant I didn't want a 25 year old corner. Not sure I care that way anymore.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Exactly, that's an old baseball scouting adage that I don't think applies nearly as much to football. Especially with free agency now and contracts being in four or five year blocks.

Besides, like Witten showed, it's the mileage as much as the age that matters.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We are definitely hunting day 3 DEs.
Which all but tells you...first two rounds, offense.

They are just weird with their draft games. They have been extremely consistent since McClay with the visits.

They used to blow some of them during the Lacewell era, like bringing in guys like Mark Sanchez and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom