Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2020

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Interesting note...several of the prospects (Mims, Lynch, Weaver) are all represented by the same agent Ron Slavin, who used to be Orlando Scandrick, Byron Jones and George Iloka and currently has Vander Esch, Darian Thompson, Xavier Woods and Aldon Smith. The Cowboys do have a preference for which agents they deal with and Slavin gets most of the Boise State players and lives in Southlake.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Interesting note...several of the prospects (Mims, Lynch, Weaver) are all represented by the same agent Ron Slavin, who used to be Orlando Scandrick, Byron Jones and George Iloka and currently has Vander Esch, Darian Thompson, Xavier Woods and Aldon Smith. The Cowboys do have a preference for which agents they deal with and Slavin gets most of the Boise State players and lives in Southlake.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I could deal with that. I like Baun a lot.
I said a few weeks ago I'd be fine with him at 17, so I'd definitely be very happy if we can move down and get him.

He can play the role Watt would've played for us if we had drafted him, although he won't ever transition to 4-3 DE.

I'm a little concerned about him being a 5th year senior with only one real year of production but his athleticism in space is apparent, he has a heck of a motor, excellent explosion/bend around the corner and a decent array of pass rush moves that form a solid base.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I said a few weeks ago I'd be fine with him at 17, so I'd definitely be very happy if we can move down and get him.

He can play the role Watt would've played for us if we had drafted him, although he won't ever transition to 4-3 DE.

I'm a little concerned about him being a 5th year senior with only one real year of production but his athleticism in space is apparent, he has a heck of a motor, excellent explosion/bend around the corner and a decent array of pass rush moves that form a solid base.
It’s impossible for him to have “a heck of a motor”. He has too much melanin.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You can add Raekwon Davis and Marlon Davidson to the list of videoconferences.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd take him in the third, no problem. Big strong run stuffer
But from what I've read, Davon Hamilton would be a better selection at that spot
Agreed. I love the length of Davis but his pass rush production has been pretty sad. You can usually at least luck into a few sacks.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Agreed. I love the length of Davis but his pass rush production has been pretty sad. You can usually at least luck into a few sacks.
I read up a bit on Davis. Said his pass rush production tanked for apparently no reason. Solid scouting reports on Hamilton as a plug and play kinda guy

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We're looking at lots of WR's, pretty sure we take one in the first 3 rounds.

In a way drafting a 3rd WR is kind of tantamount to drafting a TE where you're basically looking for a number 3 option in the passing game one way or the other. If the TE position is going to be de-emphasized by McCarthy it'd make sense to just kind of piece stuff together with Jarwin, Bell, etc. and prioritize strengthening WR.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I saw a segment earlier today claiming Jalen Hurts is a possible target for the Cowboys just because they spoke with him.

This place would have to be put on mandatory "site maintenance" if the Cowboys used one of their first 3 picks on Jalen Hurts.

A ton of Cowboys fans are already unsatisfied with Dak's abilities as a QB. Well Dak is Tom freaking Brady compared to Jalen Hurts when it comes to going through progressions, processing information quickly, and throwing with accuracy and anticipation.

Top Bottom