Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2020

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I’m not defending him. I think he is a pretty good football player. You picked a few games and decided his career on that. Go here and see what the majority of his career was like.

jalen hurts highlights. And there’s plenty more.

I saw a lot of highlights vs the likes of UCLA, Texas, and Kansas.

Like I said....he pads his stats vs the lesser teams but is ordinary at best (and that's being very generous) versus teams that field legitimate defenses.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I saw a lot of highlights vs the likes of UCLA, Texas, and Kansas.

Like I said....he pads his stats vs the lesser teams but is ordinary at best (and that's being very generous) versus teams that field legitimate defenses.
You could be talking about Prescott just as well. His doesn’t have a good track record against winning teams and besides I am not picking Hurts as. Starter. I would like him as a back up because I think he could work into a good QB.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
If that’s all you folks are able to state then you’ve said nothing. Tell me what your aversion is don't just act like you are going to faint. Spell it out.
Poor mechanics, not accurate, weak arm, bad footwork, slow with his progressions, stares down his first read, doesn’t read defenses well, poor decisions. Just to name a few.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Well, let's hope somebody is just a little more stupid than us and takes him before we have the chance.
Let's hope we aren't locked into a position at a certain draft spot anymore and freak out when our pick gets taken and just reach for the next in line at it, like when Pumphrey was taken by Eagles so we took Switzer(I'm on record as hating both) and George Kittle was still available

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Well, let's hope somebody is just a little more stupid than us and takes him before we have the chance.
I'd be fine with him in the 4th, he'd be a legitimate backup QB for us who I think we could throw out there for 3-4 games and not have the season crater. Then we could maybe flip him by year 3 for a 2nd or something if he looks impressive in preseason and/or in a spot start here and there.

The biggest issue for me is it'd probably create a media circus just because he's a big name from recognizable college programs.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'd be fine with him in the 4th, he'd be a legitimate backup QB for us who I think we could throw out there for 3-4 games and not have the season crater. Then we could maybe flip him by year 3 for a 2nd or something if he looks impressive in preseason and/or in a spot start here and there.

The biggest issue for me is it'd probably create a media circus just because he's a big name from recognizable college programs.
I'm just not interested in him. I don't think he'll make it in the NFL. I'd rather not take him at all.

If we are going to take a developmental type, I like Steven Montez out of Colorado. BIg, athletic, strong arm and a lot of tools to work with.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm just not interested in him. I don't think he'll make it in the NFL. I'd rather not take him at all.

If we are going to take a developmental type, I like Steven Montez out of Colorado. BIg, athletic, strong arm and a lot of tools to work with.
I feel the same way.

I expressed my frustrations with him throughout the 2nd half of the CFB season. The biggest red flag to me is that his level of play tailed off considerably during the 2nd half of the season. It's not really noticeable if you just look at the box scores but for those of us who watched all of his games it was very noticeable.

He largely got by on underneath dump offs and scramble drills. Very rarely did you see him get the ball out of his hands on time (under 3.5 seconds). That's the biggest concern that I have about him. His inability to read the field quickly and get the ball out of his hands in a timely manner. Because that run around scramble bullshit won't fly in the NFL.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's not really noticeable if you just look at the box scores but for those of us who watched all of his games it was very noticeable.
Uh, oh. Have you not heard? This opinion is garbage.

You are now in the Danger Zzzzzone. Prepare to be smited.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I want absolutely nothing to do with Jalen Hurts.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Uh, oh. Have you not heard? This opinion is garbage.

You are now in the Danger Zzzzzone. Prepare to be smited.
s-l300.jpg

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I'm ok in the fourth or later maybe depending who is left. But I wouldn't be pumping my fist at it.
I’m not fine with him in any round. I don’t want any part of another zone read option QB who has no NFL potential. Gimmick athletes are wasted picks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m not fine with him in any round. I don’t want any part of another zone read option QB who has no NFL potential. Gimmick athletes are wasted picks.
And I get it, I'm torn if I'd like him at all but I could see him being a decent backup with a coach who knows how to use his athleticism to create some plays. Tyrod Taylor is sort of the ceiling in my opinion.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
And I get it, I'm torn if I'd like him at all but I could see him being a decent backup with a coach who knows how to use his athleticism to create some plays. Tyrod Taylor is sort of the ceiling in my opinion.
I think that’s generous. He’ll be overdrafted and fail miserably because he can’t play in anything but a gimmick offense.

Top Bottom