Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2020

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
More than a dozen teams were on hand in Laramie, Wyoming today for their pro day and just about all were on hand to watch fast rising linebacker Logan Wilson.

Wilson stood on his Combine numbers, which included a 40 time of 4.63 seconds, 7.07 seconds in the three cone and 21 reps on the bench. Wilson did participate in position drills, which were run by Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Mike Nolan.

----------

Looks serious if they sent the new DC to work him out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kenneth Murray has 15 visits planned, including to Texans, Cowboys

Posted by Charean Williams on March 11, 2020, 8:02 PM EDT

Oklahoma linebacker Kenneth Murray did not participate in the school’s pro day Wednesday as he rehabs a hamstring injury.

Murray tweaked a hamstring while running a 4.52 in the 40-yard dash at the Combine.

“The hamstring is doing good,” Murray told NFL Network. “I’ll be fully healthy in a couple of days.”

Murray has 15 visits planned, according to James Palmer of NFL Media. Murray will start his visits March 18 with the Texans.

“Then, it’s back-to-back-to-back,” Murray said. “It’s going to be a busy next few weeks.”

The Ravens, Raiders, Cowboys and Cardinals also are among the long list of teams Murray is visiting, per Palmer.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we didn't have so much invested at LB Murray might be my top choice at 17. Even with LVE and Smith I'd be fine if he was the pick.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If we didn't have so much invested at LB Murray might be my top choice at 17. Even with LVE and Smith I'd be fine if he was the pick.
I'm fine with Murray in the first round but then again I am not hopeful that we get LVE back. He wouldn't be my first choice but I think a close second.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm fine with Murray in the first round but then again I am not hopeful that we get LVE back. He wouldn't be my first choice but I think a close second.
I'm not counting Kinlaw, he's my number 1 regardless of who's there. After that I like Murray slightly more than the McKinney/Chaisson types, although obviously they fill bigger needs.

If we got a deal done with Dak and franchised Amari I'd throw some WRs in there although it'd be hard to draft a WR if we have Amari on a 19/year deal plus Gallup and presumably Cobb.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would hope we would at least trade down first. This team makes it look like a massive challenge to find a 4-3 LBer. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I would hope we would at least trade down first. This team makes it look like a massive challenge to find a 4-3 LBer. It shouldn't be this difficult.
Well when your All-Pro 1st round pick LB from 2 years ago has a broken neck it kind of complicates things.

We just need to take good players with no fucking red flags and stop dicking around with these Blue Light specials because Jerry likes to reminisce about prospecting for oil 50 years ago and getting his credit cards cut up at Love Field.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well when your All-Pro 1st round pick LB from 2 years ago has a broken neck it kind of complicates things.

We just need to take good players with no fucking red flags and stop dicking around with these Blue Light specials because Jerry likes to reminisce about prospecting for oil 50 years ago and getting his credit cards cut up at Love Field.
LVE wasn't supposed to be a blue light special either. Good players sounds great but even safe picks aren't always safe. I think 17 is a reach for a LBer who I see often projected to the second round. So I'm not compounding reaching for a LBer with a position I don't think is a big need just because it feels safe. LVE felt safe too.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
LVE wasn't supposed to be a blue light special either. Good players sounds great but even safe picks aren't always safe. I think 17 is a reach for a LBer who I see often projected to the second round. So I'm not compounding reaching for a LBer with a position I don't think is a big need just because it feels safe. LVE felt safe too.
There was a good amount of smoke leading up to that draft that he had neck issues (wore a neck protector at Boise) and that some teams had flagged him.

Our doctors cleared him supposedly, and while he wasn't a huge red risk like Jaylon he was still apparently flagged.

I agree that Murray at 17 seems like overkill, and of course I'd rather trade down first, but ultimately I like him alot as a prospect and if he ended up as the pick I'd be ok with it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There was a good amount of smoke leading up to that draft that he had neck issues (wore a neck protector at Boise) and that some teams had flagged him.

Our doctors cleared him supposedly, and while he wasn't a huge red risk like Jaylon he was still apparently flagged.

I agree that Murray at 17 seems like overkill, and of course I'd rather trade down first, but ultimately I like him alot as a prospect and if he ended up as the pick I'd be ok with it.
And this isn't to say I don't like Murray because I do. But I think the Delpit's and McKinney ultimately have a bigger impact on this defense. And really I think ultimately these LBers really need a DT in front of them Neville to succeed as Murray did at Oklahoma. I think another LBer is sort of putting the cart before the horse. I don't think THAT highly of Murray.

Rev

Staff member
Just think we were going to pick Shazier as well. We could have had 2 LBers with neck issues and 1 with a gimpy leg. All the while hoping Lee can stay healthy as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just think we were going to pick Shazier as well. We could have had 2 LBers with neck issues and 1 with a gimpy leg. All the while hoping Lee can stay healthy as well.
I don't recall Shazier having documented neck issues before he was drafted. We knew or should have known what we were getting in Vander Esch.

Rev

Staff member
I don't recall Shazier having documented neck issues before he was drafted. We knew or should have known what we were getting in Vander Esch.
Well it wasnt before the injury and I known it could be different had he played elsewhere. Just showing what kind of luck we have.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well it wasnt before the injury and I known it could be different had he played elsewhere. Just showing what kind of luck we have.
Luck has zero to do with it if you make it a practice you just don't take medically compromised players in early rounds.

Our "bad luck" is that we were dumb enough to roll the dice. That is more willful ignorance.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
LBers take a ton of hits. We have seen a number of them retire early in the NFL. It's not as bad as RB but I certainly wouldn't build my defense around a bunch of high draft picks at LBer.

Top Bottom