President Trump Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's exactly why Trump won, we were tired of the standard R playing nice and thinking the Dem would do so too. And when they didnt, every fucking time, we gave an inch.
I agree with that, We have to stop giving in.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I would really like to know if they think there’s a right answer to that question.

An arbitrary number of deaths they deemed acceptable from the start.

“Ok, listen up newsroom. We’re thinking 12,500 deaths is what we’re going to judge the job this President and administration on. I know experts are saying this thing could kill 2 million in the US, give or take a half million. Fuck all that noise. We listen to science up to a point. Basically as long as it suits us. As soon as we get to 12,501 deaths, this administration gets an F, and I want each and every single one of you out there trying to catch them with gotcha questions daily. Fuck trying to get answers to important questions, fuck focusing on the positives. We want to stoke the fires of fear. We want this to become a political football.

Think healthcare and abortion. You have your objective, now get out there. And hey you, Chinese girl, you ask mainly china questions. That way when Trump gets testy with you, it’ll come off racist because he can still see your eyes with your mask on, even from 12 rows back.”

Probably something like that.
She could nullify that question by asking them what they think an acceptable number is.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I guess you think it funny, charming or cute.

Fact is if Obama did this four years ago, you would be losing your fucking mind.
Not with social media I don't think, but yes Obama had a horrific track record with executive orders and I didn't like that either.

I believe W started the insanity with executive orders and presidents have been abusing them ever since. Regardless, it didn't start with Trump though he does have some culpability as well.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
There is a very thin line between 1st amendment rights and free market. To me, this is against the free market. And, I'm not a fan. You let the free market play itself out. Kinda like MySpace disappeared because of their polices. But............ the cencorship of people on any platform should be watched closely if it has any bearing on politics. It's a very slippery/stater sponsored slope if we wander to far out into this.

Like I said, very think line. And, I'm not sure 100% how I stand on this.

It's almost like the phone or news companies. These are private businesses and should be allowed to run their companies however they see fit.

On the other hand, they are important communication services and there is undoubtedly a public interest component here. The first amendment normally doesn't- and shouldn't- apply to private businesses or individuals. But when you're talking about a fundamental freedom that has the potential to be curtailed in a fundamental way on a very wide scale, it's hard to think the government should turn a blind eye towards it just because it's private enterprise.

I do think they should be mostly left alone as they are private companies, but some laws in place specific to the industry could make sense if they aren't too far reaching, just to make sure that our freedoms aren't compromised on a scale that rivals the reach of the government itself. Maybe anti monopoly laws could apply, maybe new laws are needed.

But Congress should doing this.

Executive orders are not carte blanche to become akin to a dictator.

As I said above, my opinion isn't a slam or gotcha against Trump because he honestly isn't doing anything fundamentally that the past few presidents haven't done.

I do think something needs to change though, and hopefully we'll get a president in the future with the integrity to do the right thing and set new precedents for how a president should use his power as a true executive rather than a mock lawmaker. That was never supposed to be the intention of the office, and while I don't think it's been ruinous to the people yet, it has the massive potential to do so.

Sheik

DCC 4Life

~Berman head swing to all the Trumpies who think he upholds the Constitution ~
I can’t wait to see what this is all about.

These social media sites have long tried to claim they are free speech platforms. They throw in the usual caveat of “except for hate speech or dangerous blah blah.”

The issue has been, most of these platforms are ran and monitored by Silicon Valley liberals who get to decide what is considered hate speech or dangerous rhetoric.

From what I gather, this came about because someone decided to attach a fact check to a trump tweet about mail-in voting leading to voter fraud.

Voter fraud is not a cut and dry issue, the same as stimulus checks being sent out to dead people, we hear about dead people voting in elections every 4 years.

One side says it’s happening, the other side says it’s not. One side calls for voter ID programs, the other side cries racism.

How can you say definitely that voter fraud wouldn’t be more inclined to happen if ballots are done by mail? I could steal my wife’s ballot, fill it out, send it back in without her even knowing or caring.

It’s not something that a social media platform should be shooting down and deciding if it’s something that people should know about or not.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
It's almost like the phone or news companies. These are private businesses and should be allowed to run their companies however they see fit.
This is exactly right. The only thing I would add would be, they need to be upfront about what their business practices are.

Right now they claim free speech and ideas from all walks of life are encouraged.

That’s straight up bullshit. You tell me how many prominent liberals/democrats are being censored on these platforms?

How many have lost accounts?

It seems they allow free speech until it goes against their liberal beliefs.

They should label their business for what it is. A platform to discuss ideas that they agree with as Silicon Valley liberals.

At least if they do that, their customers/users can make an informed decisions to patronize their business or not.

I want to start a platform that allows anything and everything. Make my $50 billion, then sell it and let congress deal with the monster.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I can’t wait to see what this is all about.

These social media sites have long tried to claim they are free speech platforms. They throw in the usual caveat of “except for hate speech or dangerous blah blah.”

The issue has been, most of these platforms are ran and monitored by Silicon Valley liberals who get to decide what is considered hate speech or dangerous rhetoric.

From what I gather, this came about because someone decided to attach a fact check to a trump tweet about mail-in voting leading to voter fraud.

Voter fraud is not a cut and dry issue, the same as stimulus checks being sent out to dead people, we hear about dead people voting in elections every 4 years.

One side says it’s happening, the other side says it’s not. One side calls for voter ID programs, the other side cries racism.

How can you say definitely that voter fraud wouldn’t be more inclined to happen if ballots are done by mail? I could steal my wife’s ballot, fill it out, send it back in without her even knowing or caring.

It’s not something that a social media platform should be shooting down and deciding if it’s something that people should know about or not.
Especially when this is the guy in charge of fact-checking and what accounts to ban

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Especially when this is the guy in charge of fact-checking and what accounts to ban

And that’s okay if he feels like that. As long as when the other side comes back with something offensive to him, he doesn’t feel the need to attach a bogus fact check to it.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Guys, even with the tech giants already out there, there’s a GIGANTIC hole in the market for a free speech platform if you have the stomach for it.

@Iamtdg , get ahold of tech guy and let’s all throw some money in the hat and get rich.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Unless he wants to admit what Facebook and Twitter won’t.

Admit it’s not a free speech platform.
Yeah. Facebook has been censoring things for a while now. Covering pics or just outright deleting them. Attaching fact checks that say FALSE to stuff. Most people will cruise right on by those posts that have the fact check stuff without clicking on them to see what is wrong with it. And I have seen many that say it is "mostly true, but 1 or more points debatable or unproven." Complete bullshit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Twitter, Facebook etc are private platforms.

Don't like it, don't use it. It is just like a TV channel.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Guys, even with the tech giants already out there, there’s a GIGANTIC hole in the market for a free speech platform if you have the stomach for it.

@Iamtdg , get ahold of tech guy and let’s all throw some money in the hat and get rich.
The tech is at lunch.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Twitter, Facebook etc are private platforms.

Don't like it, don't use it. It is just like a TV channel.
That would go for pretty much any newspaper or news channel in America. It's all censored and will only promote the agenda they want pushed.

Which is sad. It never used to be that way. Journalism was a decent profession that cared about actual facts. The news was presented as it happened, and it was up to the public to decide how they felt about it. Now, you're told how to feel about it by only being presented the facts that uphold which direction they want you go. With embellishments and outright lies to help further it along.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's not at all like a TV channel.
How is it not?

Other than it is a platform where any swinging dick can say their piece, it is still driven by agenda and opinion and the ultimate owner has domain over what they allow on it

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I love this "we" shit. Who the fuck is "we"? Him and people who like him?

Top Bottom