President Trump Thread...

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
he'll need a court to agree with him that Twitter is a common carrier like a telephone company, which cannot discriminate against users

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Uh, not really. If you were talking about censoring PMs etc maybe.
Sure it is, when you post something only your followers see it. Or friends or whatever. It's the same thing as a mass PM. Or a phone call with many people at once.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sure it is, when you post something only your followers see it. Or friends or whatever. It's the same thing as a mass PM. Or a phone call with many people at once.
Man, this whole thing is tough. One retweet takes it out of the "private" category. I'm actually on the fence on this one a bit. Yes, it is a public company and should be afforded their rights. As everyone knows I am firm on the government not interfering in the free market. After thinking about it, I think I am still leaning towards the government staying out of the way.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man, this whole thing is tough. One retweet takes it out of the "private" category. I'm actually on the fence on this one a bit. Yes, it is a public company and should be afforded their rights. As everyone knows I am firm on the government not interfering in the free market. After thinking about it, I think I am still leaning towards the government staying out of the way.
I'm still in agreement with the thought the government should stay out of it. Just didn't agree with his analogy. Even with retweets. It's like a cell phone company saying they won't let you forward a text to all your friends that they don't agree with

Sheik

DCC 4Life
My question is, what is his order addressing, and how is it supposed to fix the problem?

Those are two questions you have to know the answer to before you know what to think about it.

I don’t see a hell of a whole lot you can do to change someone’s bias.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
My question is, what is his order addressing, and how is it supposed to fix the problem?
Not sure of the details, but they're currently shielded from liability because they're just a platform for expression. They claim they don't express views themselves.

But if they start expressing opinions, which they obviously are now, they could have that protection removed. I believe that's what his order would/might do.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
all of this is theater. Trump haters will seek an injunction and a sympathetic judge will grant it. and I doubt the administration files an appeal.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
all of this is theater. Trump haters will seek an injunction and a sympathetic judge will grant it. and I doubt the administration files an appeal.
Yeah, it seems to me like more of a threat than anything.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Anybody with half a brain should be fed up with it. Regardless of political affiliation.
That still should not mean they want government intervention.

It is annoying but if you can't filter it for yourself and want the government to do it, you are a fucking moron incapable of thinking for yourself.

That means that person wants a peaceful, non-biased world that frankly cannot exist with the amount of information that is available and the number of outlets ready to distribute it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That still should not mean they want government intervention.

It is annoying but if you can't filter it for yourself and want the government to do it, you are a fucking moron incapable of thinking for yourself.

That means that person wants a peaceful, non-biased world that frankly cannot exist with the amount of information that is available and the number of outlets ready to distribute it.
I'm mainly talking about an unbiased media. I really couldn't give a shit less about FB or twitter. I rarely us FB and have never been on twitter. Frankly, both are littered with retards.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm mainly talking about an unbiased media. I really couldn't give a shit less about FB or twitter. I rarely us FB and have never been on twitter. Frankly, both are littered with retards.
So what makes you think there is any way for an unbiased media?

NPR is about as unbiased as I can think of, yet, you have people who think they are biased.

There is continued belief that excessive incongruence with your beliefs equals intentional bias.

That is not accurate. It just means you have a perception problem.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Which is sad. It never used to be that way. Journalism was a decent profession that cared about actual facts.
I want to agree because I miss the good old days before journalism became basically sensationalism.

But I am not ready to say that just because Walter Cronkite said so that it was the complete unfiltered and unbiased truth.

Cotton

Staff member
They are counting on it.

Cotton

Staff member
So what makes you think there is any way for an unbiased media?

NPR is about as unbiased as I can think of, yet, you have people who think they are biased.

There is continued belief that excessive incongruence with your beliefs equals intentional bias.

That is not accurate. It just means you have a perception problem.
Uhh, if you're trying to imply there isn't bias in the media, you might want to log off.

Top Bottom