President Trump Thread...

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Waste of time, money, and resources. For what? A sham impeachment because they don't like him and want to keep their base whipped into a frenzy. All because they are afraid he might run again in 4 years? I sincerely doubt it.

Retarded.

And they don't need to show how full of shit they are. It's pretty easy to see. They do it on a regular basis, yet it matters not. The media doesn't give a fuck, their followers don't give a fuck. They don't give a fuck.
I tend agree but I wouldn't mind seeing what the democrats would present as "evidence"

If the rules aren't the same as in a court of law and the Democratic leader of the Senate can play games just because they're in charge like disallowing evidence from the Republicans that prove assertions against trump aren't true, then forget it because as long as the political environment is toxic as hell, there will never be a fair "trial" for anyone

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I tend agree but I wouldn't mind seeing what the democrats would present as "evidence"

If the rules aren't the same as in a court of law and the Democratic leader of the Senate can play games just because they're in charge like disallowing evidence from the Republicans that prove assertions against trump aren't true, then forget it because as long as the political environment is toxic as hell, there will never be a fair "trial" for anyone
At this point the FBI investigation isn’t complete so whatever they have found cannot be used yet. The only thing the Senate can present is the statements by Trump and presume it is the reason for the rioting. There is no actual evidence at this point to fully substantiate the allegation. All that is at the disposal of the FBI Investigation and it could take a while before any reports are issued to the DOJ.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Don’t they need 2/3rds of the senate to actually get to a trial?
They have to get 2/3 to even take it to trial is my understanding.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
They know there's no chance of a conviction. They just want to get "Only president impeached twice!" on his resume. Just like the first time with the Russia hoax garbage, they just want to use it as a talking point for the future.

And then they'll tie whoever runs in 2024 back to him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
They know there's no chance of a conviction. They just want to get "Only president impeached twice!" on his resume. Just like the first time with the Russia hoax garbage, they just want to use it as a talking point for the future.

And then they'll tie whoever runs in 2024 back to him.
Absolutely right. All the way around.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
If Hawley or Cruz had presidential aspirations, they're pretty much sunk at this point. The media will hang January 6th around their necks forever.
Hawley will be President within 12 years. He’s clean as a whistle, Handsome as you’d wanna be, and can perform in front of a camera.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hawley will be President within 12 years. He’s clean as a whistle, Handsome as you’d wanna be, and can perform in front of a camera.
And, he's a badass.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If Hawley or Cruz had presidential aspirations, they're pretty much sunk at this point. The media will hang January 6th around their necks forever.
I'm actually hopeful that by then more people will realize the media is so partisan their opinion is completely worthless. Trump's polling hasn't dropped much if any since then despite the MSM's constant claim that he practically begged those people to invade the Capitol, and I think part of that is more people waking up to their propaganda.

It might even turn out that voicing those objections to the election process helps them.

And as much as I like Cruz's principles, I don't think he has the charisma to win a general anyway. Hawley might.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah I was paying attention toward the beginning of Trumps last year of his term when Barr and Graham began to slow down the process of indicting anyone from the Democratic Party who was involved in the falsification process of saying Trump colluded with the Russians. Barr was allowing the FBI Director to cover for his agency even though they are an arm of the DOJ. Director Wray was never pinned down to have to deal with Congress or take action to turn FBI personnel over to Congress nor even answer to the DOJ for indictments. That’s pretty telling.

The other side of the coin is that Congress never really pressed at the Committee level to have any public hearings toward testimony under oath especially at the public level. This kept the dogs at bay because they never heard actual testimony under oath that would be utilized for the indictment process all the while that the Director of the DOJ could classify the private hearings and just sit on it. Graham also took matters of the Committees function to himself and heard presumed testimony singularly and to my knowledge never discussed the private meetings outcome. Yeah I am pretty well convinced a unilateral deal was struck to keep a lid on the Democrats misconduct and rid the Republican Party of a member that was never going to conform to the whims of Congress. I honestly believe something along these lines occurred and indicated some time ago that there were indications of the same IMO.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Shocking.
Candidates are allowed to keep the campaign money they raise if they reach a certain amount of the votes. I don recall the percentage but it a law that every candidate in every Congressional and Administrative is allowed.

Top Bottom