President Trump Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
ErqHvUpXEAYU_rm.jpg

Sheik

DCC 4Life
When people see riots/looting/burning of businesses being excused by the powers that be and the media for 6 months just maybe they are going to start thinking that's the only way to make their voice heard
That’s essentially what happened. Matt Gaetz is a supreme douche bag, but he got it right when he said pretty much what you said above on the House Floor.

If you excuse violence and mayhem from the extremists on one side of the issue, don’t be surprised when the extremists on the other side think they can do it, too.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Speaking only for myself, but I think if what happened at the capital building took place a year or so ago, it would have been a lot more shocking and repulsive for me. But the events of this past year have pretty much desensitized me towards all the bullshit. Now, I'm certainly not saying I agree with it, or even trying to come across with a 'what goes around comes around' kind of thing. But after witnessing all the violent rioting with pretty much nothing done over it... Yeah. I'll admit to being cynical and not even really caring.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
All the pearl clutching going on is pretty rich.

I seem to remember Nancy Pelosi’s famous words, “people will do what they do.”, while trying to deflect responsibility for people looting and rioting.

When George Floyd died, everyone was on the same page for about 30 minutes, everyone thought it was gross. That was the time to talk about what we could do to prevent it from happening again. Instead, people thought it was a free pass to steal Jordan’s and iPhones. Then the left wouldn’t condemn the violence for 6 months, instead taking a stance of throwing the baby out with the bath water by defunding police.

Stupid.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
All the pearl clutching going on is pretty rich.

I seem to remember Nancy Pelosi’s famous words, “people will do what they do.”, while trying to deflect responsibility for people looting and rioting.

When George Floyd died, everyone was on the same page for about 30 minutes, everyone thought it was gross. That was the time to talk about what we could do to prevent it from happening again. Instead, people thought it was a free pass to steal Jordan’s and iPhones. Then the left wouldn’t condemn the violence for 6 months, instead taking a stance of throwing the baby out with the bath water by defunding police.

Stupid.
They not only wouldn’t condemn it, the entire fucking Democrat leadership group took a knee to them in a photo op.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

FYI Lopez is one of the main guys at Vox a far-left publication and even he is calling this out

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
It doesn’t matter what his motives are or were. He won the election and is entitled to full extent that the country has decreed belongs to the party that held the office.
You seem to have me confused, I never said anything about what Trump Is entitled to. I was just asking if you thought his motive for running for president were selfless.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You seem to have me confused, I never said anything about what Trump Is entitled to. I was just asking if you thought his motive for running for president were selfless.
It absolutely was not. He is a narcissist. He wanted the attention. But, his reasoning, I believe, was to fix this fucking country. He is 100 times the patriot than anyone left in Congress, minus a few.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
It absolutely was not. He is a narcissist. He wanted the attention. But, his reasoning, I believe, was to fix this fucking country. He is 100 times the patriot than anyone left in Congress, minus a few.
Trump campaigned on shit that literally every Republican and Democrat said out loud 15-20 years ago.

He won because people still felt that way. Just because politicians gave up on the hard things and took the easy way out by pandering and making empty promises, that doesn’t mean the right things became the wrong things, they just became the things nobody wanted to say or deal with.

Go back and watch any democrat or Republican make a speech on the house floor 15 or so years ago. They all believed our immigration system was a total shit show, they believed illegal immigrants shouldn’t be here until they go through a process. They believed in borders. They believed in the rule of law. They believed in welfare reform. On and on.

Now one party speaks to those things as problems, the other speaks of those things like they’re an attack on race and class.

Neither party wants to actually fix those things. They only want to make empty promises and give away someone else’s money to appease.

Fuck them all.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Trump campaigned on shit that literally every Republican and Democrat said out loud 15-20 years ago.

He won because people still felt that way. Just because politicians gave up on the hard things and took the easy way out by pandering and making empty promises, that doesn’t mean the right things became the wrong things, they just became the things nobody wanted to say or deal with.

Go back and watch any democrat or Republican make a speech on the house floor 15 or so years ago. They all believed our immigration system was a total shit show, they believed illegal immigrants shouldn’t be here until they go through a process. They believed in borders. They believed in the rule of law. They believed in welfare reform. On and on.

Now one party speaks to those things as problems, the other speaks of those things like they’re an attack on race and class.

Neither party wants to actually fix those things. They only want to make empty promises and give away someone else’s money to appease.

Fuck them all.
All of that is why Trump (TRUMP!) was our president. Can you believe that shit? We had Donald Trump as our president. Think about it. THat is fucking crazy. The American people is fed up with DC. That will come to roost.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Fuck them all.
Yep we had a majority in Trumps first 2 years and R's wouldnt put up any bills that we actually wanted, take concealed carry reciprocity for example, but now that we have no chance of getting anything passed they finally put it up just last week. Fuck em all

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
When people see riots/looting/burning of businesses being excused by the powers that be and the media for 6 months just maybe they are going to start thinking that's the only way to make their voice heard
Yep. I truly don't think we see that Capitol intrusion without the rioting of last summer being shown on TV and social media every day. I believe they thought, a lot of that violence was politically motivated and look, it worked. They got the result they wanted. So why shouldn't we try it too.

Doesn't excuse it but I bet that's what a lot of those people were thinking.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Yep. I truly don't think we see that Capitol intrusion without the rioting of last summer being shown on TV and social media every day. I believe they thought, a lot of that violence was politically motivated and look, it worked. They got the result they wanted. So why shouldn't we try it too.

Doesn't excuse it but I bet that's what a lot of those people were thinking.
It doesn’t excuse it, but it makes sense. Nobody should be surprised, and if you weren’t outraged/pissed over the summer, but you are now, you’re a hypocrite and lose all credibility.

Two wrongs don’t make a right, but ignoring political violence when it suits you, that makes you no better than the people committing said violence.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
You’ll never hear it properly explained by our elites in the media, but if any one of them wanted to be honest, they’d blast the democrats right now. Republicans are the ONLY ones in all of this who have remained consistent. They condemned the violent extremists over the summer, they’re condemning the violent extremists who stormed the capital.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Okay sorry. I thought you were pointed toward another jtopic that was being discussed.

As to motives for running for President I think he had several factors for doing so. He is very egotistical and wanted to accomplish being in the highest office in the world. I also think he wanted to change the course of the countries trends toward economical and foreign policy awell as the military strength for the USA and In that regard he did accomplish things that no prior administration had ever achieved.

I do not think however he was motivated by gaining financial resources in the manner some prior politicians have done because he could have been more effective in that role by not being President and devoting time to his own empire. Stated another way people like Biden and other career politicians have gained immense wealth by using their influence in certain matters. Prior Presidents like Bill Clinton Barak Obama were virtually broke but after leaving the office now have substantial wealth.

Top Bottom