President Trump Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Everything that’s coming out. If that’s the case, and the department of justice has had all of this information, why aren’t we seeing movement on grand juries?
Because we're a banana republic?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don’t see why anyone should pay any attention to these stories because no one has actually gained access to his tax returns so how can they make any claim about what he did or didn’t pay in taxes, secondarily my understanding is that his returns are still being audited so if that’s the case there is no such thing as an accurate number that can be stated about a return under audit or has anything been derived with a meaningful number.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don’t see why anyone should pay any attention to these stories because no one has actually gained access to his tax returns so how can they make any claim about what he did or didn’t pay in taxes, secondarily my understanding is that his returns are still being audited so if that’s the case there is no such thing as an accurate number that can be stated about a return under audit or has anything been derived with a meaningful number.
Agreed. No way his tax returns got "leaked". The IRS has access levels, and there is no damn way anyone that has access to his returns would risk their job. No. damn. way.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Agreed. No way his tax returns got "leaked". The IRS has access levels, and there is no damn way anyone that has access to his returns would risk their job. No. damn. way.
What's funny to me is they act like there isn't a whole industry whose only goal is to make sure you pay as little as possible in taxes.

#taxationistheft

Cotton

Staff member
What's funny to me is they act like there isn't a whole industry whose only goal is to make sure you pay as little as possible in taxes.

#taxationistheft
I have never understood the taxation is theft thing from Libertarians. Yes, over-taxation is a thing, and a big thing, but you have to have some level of taxes for the government to operate.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I have never understood the taxation is theft thing from Libertarians. Yes, over-taxation is a thing, and a big thing, but you have to have some level of taxes for the government to operate.
Yes I agree SOME taxes are necessary, but when govt has enough money to give it away to other countries, have lifelong public servants like Biden and Pelosi get rich never having a real job, and enough left over for to pay racial sensitivity lecturers $50k+ a pop something is fucking broken.
Not to mention income tax was supposed to be a temporary thing to help the country get back on its feet

Cotton

Staff member
Yes I agree SOME taxes are necessary, but when govt has enough money to give it away to other countries, have lifelong public servants like Biden and Pelosi get rich never having a real job, and enough left over for to pay racial sensitivity lecturers $50k+ a pop something is fucking broken.
Not to mention income tax was supposed to be a temporary thing to help the country get back on its feet
I agree with that 100%. Mismanagement of money in govt is a real thing that needs to be addressed. Let's get money out of politics, set term limits, and get rid of the wasteful spending. Then our tax dollars, which are necessary, can go to real shit. not imaginative nonsense like the Green New Deal.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I mean ffs Congress has a half million slush fund just pay off sexual harassment claims....

And if you really want to see examples of wasted money follow Rand Paul when he does his Festivus thread.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I agree with that 100%. Mismanagement of money in govt is a real thing that needs to be addressed. Let's get money out of politics, set term limits, and get rid of the wasteful spending. Then our tax dollars, which are necessary, can go to real shit. not imaginative nonsense like the Green New Deal.
Yup... and as soon as all that happens, all we'll need to worry about will be all the flying fucking pigs.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The country actually survives on the Federal Reserve system and its structure to create money. The worries about the national debt are not completely problematic because the deficit is both owned and owed by the Federal Government. It’s like having a piggy bank that never runs out of financial resources while at the same time each time it creates cash it also owes the debt to itself. It’s is both a resource and a debt that is owned by the government.

To a degree a debt to yourself actually is both an asset and a liability. To say however it will have to be paid back isn’t in the same context as a government that doesn’t have a way to create money. State and local governments are limited to what they can collect in revenues. At the Federal level the reserve system can produce cash then mark up a debt that is both an asset and liability because there are no limitations on how much the piggy bank can produce.

The deficit can be a little orca lot. It’s a resource that can be a deficit but is can also continue to be a resource.

Top Bottom