President Trump Thread...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Dude... I don't know where you live, but here in Texas I see a confederate flag just about every day.... Most times attached to the back of someone's truck.

He wasn't disrespecting the entire country. That's just how it was interpreted by people who didn't listen to what he said.

You certainly have the right to reject him and his position... didn't say otherwise. But flying the confederate flag is just as disrespectful to the country, if not worse.
I live in the Dallas area. I can't recall any confererate flags flying from cars. Every now and then I see a US flag on a car and I even have one but mine is in the garage.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

peplaw06

Brand New Member
So wait, are you ok with Colin Kaepernick and people flying the confederate flag? Or do you think both are disrespectful. Just curious since you've made it clear you can't take opposite positions on those issues.
I'm first amendment proponent, so I respect everyone's right to carry whatever flag they want and to treat the US flag however they want.... and I will exercise my right to think that those displaying the confederate flag are racist douche canoes.

Cotton

Staff member

Scary if true.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
https://crowdsondemand.com

"TALENT

We use top notch professional talent with significant acting experience for our crowds. We believe that “the customer is always right” and as such run Crowds on Demand as a service centered business. If you think you would be a good fit for our team, email us at talent@crowdsondemand.com or fill in the form below. With over 500 actors across the nation, you’ll be joining a world-class team!"

Cotton

Staff member
https://crowdsondemand.com

"TALENT

We use top notch professional talent with significant acting experience for our crowds. We believe that “the customer is always right” and as such run Crowds on Demand as a service centered business. If you think you would be a good fit for our team, email us at talent@crowdsondemand.com or fill in the form below. With over 500 actors across the nation, you’ll be joining a world-class team!"
That is some fucking bullshit. Like there isn't enough hate in the world, the assholes are creating it and profiting off it. That shit should be shut down.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm first amendment proponent, so I respect everyone's right to carry whatever flag they want and to treat the US flag however they want.... and I will exercise my right to think that those displaying the confederate flag are racist douche canoes.
Do you also think similarly of Kaep then?

Frankly I think the vast majority of people who display the confederate flag put little to no thought into it. It's become the flag of the redneck people way more so than representing anything racist. I wasn't alive 50 years ago and I'm sure the flag meant something different back then when someone displayed it. Now I mostly just view the people with a confederate flag as a redneck country fool (I see very few of them, more likely to be a license plate cover or something)

peplaw06

Brand New Member
Do you also think similarly of Kaep then?
No... I don't consider the US Flag itself, or disrespect thereof to have much of anything to do with denigrating a certain race. The people who have protested the anthem, that I've been aware of, have very pointed messages they've tried to further... from marriage equality, to gender pay gaps, to police brutality.

Plus I listened to what Kaepernick said, and I don't think he was directing his actions at white people.

Frankly I think the vast majority of people who display the confederate flag put little to no thought into it. It's become the flag of the redneck people way more so than representing anything racist. I wasn't alive 50 years ago and I'm sure the flag meant something different back then when someone displayed it. Now I mostly just view the people with a confederate flag as a redneck country fool (I see very few of them, more likely to be a license plate cover or something)
Seems to me they put a lot of thought into it... they try to excuse it as showing support for "states rights," almost like they've thought about it enough to know its racial implications and that they have to spin it to something less insulting.

But the broader point is a lot of people I've seen decrying the tearing down of statues and supporting the confederate flag are the same people who hae Kaepernick and cheer that the NFL is blackballing him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But the broader point is a lot of people I've seen decrying the tearing down of statues and supporting the confederate flag are the same people who hae Kaepernick and cheer that the NFL is blackballing him.
Because not standing for the National Anthem or desecrating the American Flag for example are seen as disrespectful actions towards America and the people who have fought for the Country. Hell lets face it, if that wasn't the case guys like Kaepernick wouldn't get any attention when they sit during the National Anthem. I don't see how someone can justify getting attention by being disrespectful as a useful tool. But some people think that positive or negative attention doesn't matter, all that matters is that you get attention.

There is no real comparison with statues and Confederate flags. So I don't believe there is any hypocrisy with being ok with one but not the other.

Regardless free speech is free speech, they all have a right to do that stuff. And frankly if I thought Kaep would get us more wins, I'd be ok with the Cowboys signing him. But I don't think he would.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
Because not standing for the National Anthem or desecrating the American Flag for example are seen as disrespectful actions towards America and the people who have fought for the Country. Hell lets face it, if that wasn't the case guys like Kaepernick wouldn't get any attention when they sit during the National Anthem. I don't see how someone can justify getting attention by being disrespectful as a useful tool. But some people think that positive or negative attention doesn't matter, all that matters is that you get attention.
I get what people see it as. But I consider showing respect to a flag that represents the splintering of the country that the US flag symbolizes to be just as disrespectful.

There is no real comparison with statues and Confederate flags. So I don't believe there is any hypocrisy with being ok with one but not the other.
No comparison of confederate statues and confederate flags? Does the word "confederate" in front of both not make them similar symbols?

Regardless free speech is free speech, they all have a right to do that stuff. And frankly if I thought Kaep would get us more wins, I'd be ok with the Cowboys signing him. But I don't think he would.
He'd definitely be better than Kellen Moore.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get what people see it as. But I consider showing respect to a flag that represents the splintering of the country that the US flag symbolizes to be just as disrespectful.

No comparison of confederate statues and confederate flags? Does the word "confederate" in front of both not make them similar symbols?

He'd definitely be better than Kellen Moore.
No comparison between what Kaepernick is doing and someone carrying around a confederate flag. Just totally different topics, goals, agendas, actions.

And I've had the discussion Kaep before. I think he hurts the team in more ways than just on the field. He is a distractions that takes away from Football and the team. He hurts your football team without ever even stepping on the field. And all of that for a guy who won what, one game last year? Are you telling me Moore couldn't win 1 game? I mean shit. That's a pretty low bar.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
No comparison between what Kaepernick is doing and someone carrying around a confederate flag. Just totally different topics, goals, agendas, actions.
The word comparison doesn't require identical topics, goals, agendas, actions. What I've said is the comparison. It's all speech.

And I've had the discussion Kaep before. I think he hurts the team in more ways than just on the field. He is a distractions that takes away from Football and the team. He hurts your football team without ever even stepping on the field. And all of that for a guy who won what, one game last year? Are you telling me Moore couldn't win 1 game? I mean shit. That's a pretty low bar.
Lulz... Like we don't have distractions around here. He's more talented than Moore, just by the mere fact that he's a threat with his legs and can heave it. Moore in his late 20s, has about as much in his bag as Brad Johnson had at 40. Rag arm, can't move, small... basically the antithesis to Dak. I think if he won one game, it would be because of the talent around him, not because of him.

I'm not even advocating for Kaepernick to come here. I don't care if he does or doesn't. But I'm not pretending he's worse than Moore either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm not even advocating for Kaepernick to come here. I don't care if he does or doesn't. But I'm not pretending he's worse than Moore either.
I am not hoping for it. But even if it did happen, I wouldn't be mad.

He is better than Moore and his style of play would fit with what we ask Prescott to do and we would not have to change the playcalling at all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lulz... Like we don't have distractions around here. He's more talented than Moore, just by the mere fact that he's a threat with his legs and can heave it. Moore in his late 20s, has about as much in his bag as Brad Johnson had at 40. Rag arm, can't move, small... basically the antithesis to Dak. I think if he won one game, it would be because of the talent around him, not because of him.

And if you'd rather have Kaepernick in your QB meeting room over Moore than I question your sanity or knowledge of how things actually work on an NFL football team. You can't throw Kaepernick in a bubble by himself. It bleeds into the rest of your team. And you saw how that worked out for the 49ers last year? That team cared more about politics than it did winning football games.

And don't take it as a defense of Moore. I don't want him as our backup either. At this point Cooper Rush has shown me about as much as any option we may have.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not sure this is an accurate depiction of the way the Secret Service employees salaries are expensed.

While it's true that agencies are budgeted on expenditures, salaries are budgeted based on employee authorizations. They are allocated so many employees each year and that Is generally a preauthorized static number. The salary expenses are therefore pre authorized accordingly.

Because The overall Agency may be welll over budget for travel etc., the salary expenses are already budgeted for the entire fiscal year.

There may be some expense shortfalls in the Agency but it won't be employee salaries. I feel this story isn't accurately depicted.

Cotton

Staff member
Not sure this is an accurate depiction of the way the Secret Service employees salaries are expensed.

While it's true that agencies are budgeted on expenditures, salaries are budgeted based on employee authorizations. They are allocated so many employees each year and that Is generally a preauthorized static number. The salary expenses are therefore pre authorized accordingly.

Because The overall Agency may be welll over budget for travel etc., the salary expenses are already budgeted for the entire fiscal year.

There may be some expense shortfalls in the Agency but it won't be employee salaries. I feel this story isn't accurately depicted.
It's another iteration of fake news. SS agents by law cannot make more than $160k a year in base salary and OT. Some agents are on pace to surpass that mark and aren't being given assignments. The agency isn't out of freakin' money. They are just working more some than others depending on how close to that cap they are. Flat out lies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's another iteration of fake news. SS agents by law cannot make more than $160k a year in base salary and OT. Some agents are on pace to surpass that mark and aren't being given assignments. The agency isn't out of freakin' money. They are just working more some than others depending on how close to that cap they are. Flat out lies.
Okay that clears it up for me. I am very familiar with overtime and pay scale maximums and it's true that overtime pay and individual salary maximums are imposed by agencies so this writer is taking an entirely different expense topic and twisting it into an absolute false depiction. This just keeps coming and it is intentionally perpetrated because the average individual isn't informed about the factual issues and will swallow these kind of stories hook line and sinker then regurgate a meme.

Cotton

Staff member
Okay that clears it up for me. I am very familiar with overtime and pay scale maximums and it's true that overtime pay and individual salary maximums are imposed by agencies so this writer is taking an entirely different expense topic and twisting it into an absolute false depiction. This just keeps coming and it is intentionally perpetrated because the average individual isn't informed about the factual issues and will swallow these kind of stories hook line and sinker then regurgate a meme.
And, surprise, it was all over the 6 o'clock NBC news.

Top Bottom