Post-Cut Questions

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So from here, it does not appear that the Cowboys have claimed anyone on waivers, so they will be adding veteran help if they make other moves.

GShock

DCC 4Life
We should be okay with the pass rush. They are playing a dangerous game with the hybrid S/LB thing.

Cox does not bother me. He had his chances to step up. It does trouble me that we also will likely have a sunk cost in Wright with that ridiculous reach.
I secretly love that Wright is McClay's reminder to the organization.

"Dan Quinn, eh? Can do no wrong, huh? Sure, we're happy to let him pick his pet giraffe. Remember this the next time my contract is up for renegotiation."

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hopefully we at least hear they claimed a guy or two and just got beaten out.

I am very underwhelmed by bringing back the usual preseason guys plus a flop center even the Giants didn't want.

ZeroClub

UFA
Now the dust has settled and we know what is coming up in a few weeks, where are you with the state of the team and what do you expect?
I'm excited about the season.

The reliance on S/LB hybrids heightens the importance of Hankins and Mazi eating double-teams and shielding the second-level. Pushing the pocket would be optimal, but if the 1-tech can regularly occupy two OL, this defense should be in excellent shape.

The current news on Jourdan Lewis is optimistic, but would it shock anyone if he's not the same player this year? And if he's not really back, the depth isn't quite as deep.

Will the team keep Micah Parsons relatively fresh through the season and playoffs? He was depleted toward the end of the regular season last year (although he did pick it up for the playoffs). Managing Parsons is tricky but pivotal.

Does Sam Williams step it up or will it be a sophomore slump? To me, he didn't have a super impressive training camp. He flashed, but ....

I think the offense will be interesting and effective this year. McCarthy is an experienced, high quality offensive coach. McCarthy designed this year's offense around Dak's strengths. As far as scheme goes, it should be the most "Dak friendly" offense that Dak has ever experienced. My guess is it'll work well. Dak's ball handling is a strength and it'll be entertaining to see how McCarthy uses it. They have a rather dynamic and talented group of skill position players, although some are young and untested. McCarthy will use those players in creative ways and keep defenses off balance. The starting OL is solid. There are issues with OL depth, but it is encouraging to see Bass and Richards showing early promise.

Besides the possibility/inevitability of injuries, I guess my main concern about the season is that another team will simply be better. It may sound obvious, but it happens all the time. A team can have a fine year but lose to a team that's just a little better or healthier.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
With the PS now set, I am still very concerned about the OL depth and especially at center.

The idea of elevating the likes of Hoffman or Harlow...ever...is revolting.

Say we don't, if Biadasz goes down, the idea is to what? Have Zach Martin step in?

The entirety of our OL depth is a literal house of cards.

When I say that, I am not dogging Richards or Bass at all.

The situation is incredibly delicate. The G/C flex is important now because we know there will be shuffling eventually with Tyler Smith too.

Yeah yeah can't have steak at every plate but we are literally asking for it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Would Martin even do it? He was hesitant to move before.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Would Martin even do it? He was hesitant to move before.
He was hesitant to move to T, which he'd played 4 years of in college.

I don't see him stepping in to play C.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The current news on Jourdan Lewis is optimistic, but would it shock anyone if he's not the same player this year? And if he's not really back, the depth isn't quite as deep.
I'm really surprised the team thinks he can play right away. If his foot was as mangled as we've heard and the surgeon really said it was the worst of that type of injury he'd seen, how can they be confident in him? He didn't even play in camp.

But also, has anyone heard what the deal was with Farniok? He actually played last year and at least was okay. How do you go from that to not even making the team or the PS?

Top Bottom