Post-Cut Questions

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why would they keep Wright and cut Land? Makes no sense. No one would have taken him

Indy snapped Land right up.
They had to keep Wright on the 53 then place on short term IR. And you never know with a cornerback. BTW, that was the most claimed position with the 2% of all the players who got cut ended up claimed on waivers.

Land getting cut was unfortunate and it was very risky. This was the toughest cut we have seen in a bit.

I don't like it either and I could split hairs going up and down the roster.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Because Wright went to IR. We didn't really keep him on the roster.
He was on long enough to squeeze Land out though, right?

I guess the team knows better how Wright is thought of around the league than we do, but it’s really hard to imagine someone snapping up an injured Wright vs a young pass rusher who performed well in his first camp and preseason.

The moment I saw him released I felt concerned he’d be gone as I’m sure most here did. I can’t think of anyone here who’d think the same of Wright

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He was on long enough to squeeze Land out though, right?

I guess the team knows better how Wright is thought of around the league than we do, but it’s really hard to imagine someone snapping up an injured Wright vs a young pass rusher who performed well in his first camp and preseason.

The moment I saw him released I felt concerned he’d be gone as I’m sure most here did. I can’t think of anyone here who’d think the same of Wright
Remember when people were all upset when we lost Bradley Anae to waivers?

Yeah. Me too.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Remember when people were all upset when we lost Bradley Anae to waivers?

Yeah. Me too.
I never was, because Armstrong had clearly outplayed him though a lot of people here didn't want to admit that.

I'm not obsessed with Land, and you have a point as usual, but I think this could have and should have been avoided.

Hard to imagine an injured player like Wright would have been stolen. Dallas could have probably even picked him up later and stashed him then.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I never was, because Armstrong had clearly outplayed him though a lot of people here didn't want to admit that.

I'm not obsessed with Land, and you have a point as usual, but I think this could have and should have been avoided.

Hard to imagine an injured player like Wright would have been stolen. Dallas could have probably even picked him up later and stashed him then.
We just didn't have the room on the active roster for him. We have a lot of guys ahead of him at a deep position. He never would have seen the field, and would have been the textbook definition of a wasted roster spot. If he had cleared waivers and made the practice squad, great. Hang on to him and give him a year to see what he has. But he didn't. Oh well. It happens.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Broaddus said on one of the shows today that he really liked Land too and said something to one of the personnel guys about being sorry they couldn't keep him. The guy said, Bryan, don't worry. We have plenty of guys who can rush the passer. Losing the 53rd man on the roster didn't change that.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
Broaddus said on one of the shows today that he really liked Land too and said something to one of the personnel guys about being sorry they couldn't keep him. The guy said, Bryan, don't worry. We have plenty of guys who can rush the passer. Losing the 53rd man on the roster didn't change that.
Bingo. It’s a deep bench .

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Williams will be battling turf toe, so not really.
One minor injury doesn't change anything. This is exactly the reason why it's nice to have depth. We have the players to continue on without missing much while this injury heals.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
One minor injury doesn't change anything. This is exactly the reason why it's nice to have depth. We have the players to continue on without missing much while this injury heals.
We do at that. I’m just of a mind that effective pass rushers are a rare commodity and can be traded for depth where you need it. We just gave this one up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just think we could have had a starting DL of Armstrong, Mazi Smith, Gallimore, and Taco just for your viewing pleasure. So close.
Fuck your mind for even picturing this. But I got you. We could have had Randy Gregory as the designated pass rusher.

Top Bottom