New OC - Philbin or find a youngun?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So when do we see the first WTF moment from Smith?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jesus.

Clear field for a mobile QB.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Eagles are basically running the Cardinals playbook from earlier in the year.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
He gone after this game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He gone after this game.
Not sure I'd blame him for going to Boise State. But I hope he prefers the NFL. College just provides more security and if he does well he can possibly jump back to the NFL. Plus the money is usually good for a college head coach.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

_

God dang it. We lose the best young coaching talent we've had since the Jimmy Johnson days and have a 6-9 season to show for it. Ridiculous. Raided even when we suck.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

_

God dang it. We lose the best young coaching talent we've had since the Jimmy Johnson days and have a 6-9 season to show for it. Ridiculous. Raided even when we suck.
Moore is the best young coach we've had since Jimmy? Yeah... I'll disagree with that.

And anybody that's ever heard of Sean Payton probably will, too.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I agree. We still haven't seen anything that makes me dread losing Moore. Dalton is still a middle-of-the-road starting QB and our offense has struggled and other than some reverses we really haven't seen any creativity.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Moore is the best young coach we've had since Jimmy? Yeah... I'll disagree with that.

And anybody that's ever heard of Sean Payton probably will, too.
Nobody here thought anything of Payton at the time. Nobody.

And anybody who was here back then and claim differently are full of shit. I remember quite clearly nobody thought much of him while he was here and nobody thought he was going to be what he turned out to be.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Nobody here thought anything of Payton at the time. Nobody.

And anybody who was here back then and claim differently are full of shit. I remember quite clearly nobody thought much of him while he was here and nobody thought he was going to be what he turned out to be.
While that May be true it still doesnt mean he wasnt a great coach. Just means the fans didnt have the foresight.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
While that May be true it still doesnt mean he wasnt a great coach. Just means the fans didnt have the foresight.
No doubt. Point being people have the same thoughts about Moore. He probably has a more positive view on here than Payton did back then.
I can't remember shit, but Payton didn't even call plays until maybe his last season and it wasn't like we lit the NFL on fire offensively that year. Only positive thing was Parcells decided to relinquish play calling duties to him and we knew Parcells wouldn't do something like that if he didn't think highly of Payton. That right there was the biggest sign that Payton might have a future as a head coach.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
No doubt. Point being people have the same thoughts about Moore. He probably has a more positive view on here than Payton did back then.
I can't remember shit, but Payton didn't even call plays until maybe his last season and it wasn't like we lit the NFL on fire offensively that year. Only positive thing was Parcells decided to relinquish play calling duties to him and we knew Parcells wouldn't do something like that if he didn't think highly of Payton. That right there was the biggest sign that Payton might have a future as a head coach.
Right, and Payton had playcalling stripped from him by Fassel in NY.

A little seasoning with Parcells likely did him some good.

He could have easily crashed and burned in NO as well, we never know what guys are made of.

Campbell is the kind of coach I'd like to go after on offense. He was a no nonsense player, and has learned under Payton for several years.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Right, and Payton had playcalling stripped from him by Fassel in NY.

A little seasoning with Parcells likely did him some good.

He could have easily crashed and burned in NO as well, we never know what guys are made of.

Campbell is the kind of coach I'd like to go after on offense. He was a no nonsense player, and has learned under Payton for several years.
Yep, that's right about Fassel. Another reason why nobody thought much of Payton.

Agree with you on Campbell, too. He'll be good head coach some day.

Top Bottom