New Coaching Staff Thread...

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
No, it's not perfect but is easily and by far the best coaching staff we've had around these parts in over 15 years.

I still can't wrap my head around the idea that coaching is actually going to be a strength for us. It's been so damn long that I've had any confidence in our staff that it honestly feels foreign.

Hell, I would've been happy to have a staff that at least did SOMETHING because even that was an improvement over the Garrett era. But to have a staff that can legitimately be viewed as a strength?

It's both great and a little surreal to me right now.
It's like Demarcus Lawrence said, "Talent without direction is nothing at all."

They now have direction.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Mike Nolan Praises Demarcus Lawrence’s Talent

Cool to hear him talking aabout riding on Don Meredith's shoulders as a kid.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah, I'm still here. If skid and I Am That Damned Guy don't gang up on you it's cool.

Cotton

Staff member

Of course they have barely scratched the surface. Garrett looked at his massive playbook and picked out 3 plays... "Run these, Kellen."

p1_

DCC 4Life

Of course they have barely scratched the surface. Garrett looked at his massive playbook and picked out 3 plays... "Run these, Kellen."
And still, the offense improved dramatically.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah, I'm still here. If skid and I Am That Damned Guy don't gang up on you it's cool.
The good news is, I don't believe skid owns the place anymore.

There is bad news though.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Maurice Linguist: Nothing Else Matters

p1_

DCC 4Life
I gotta say, this staff looks pretty good thus far.. solid group of coaching talent with deep experience

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Hopefully this new staff can coach the dumb out of this team. I feel like this team is consistently stupid every year.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hopefully this new staff can coach the dumb out of this team. I feel like this team is consistently stupid every year.
The dumb comes straight from the coaching staff, and the environment they cultivate. These players were hardly "dumb" when in college.

I'd bet the dumb left the team the moment Garrett walked out the door for the final time, and we replaced him with an actual NFL caliber coaching staff.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
The dumb comes straight from the coaching staff, and the environment they cultivate. These players were hardly "dumb" when in college.

I'd bet the dumb left the team the moment Garrett walked out the door for the final time, and we replaced him with an actual NFL caliber coaching staff.
Anyone who has been in any large organization knows how quickly culture can be affected by bad leadership. This team will improve by three games next year at a min

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone who has been in any large organization knows how quickly culture can be affected by bad leadership. This team will improve by three games next year at a min
I'm ready for the offseason to start. I'm over this season. It's gone long enough.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Legendary Dallas Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson had some harsh words about Jason Garrett’s performance as a head coach last season.

The two-time Super Bowl winner said he was surprised that the Cowboys didn’t achieve more under Garrett last season, according to The Dallas Morning News.

“I don’t know why it didn’t go better,” Johnson told the newspaper. “I watched them play a lot of times and they looked as good as anyone in the league. And they are very talented. But then I’d see some adversity happen and they just went blasé.”

Johnson — who recently found out he is part of the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s 2020 class — also said the Cowboys lacked an “inner drive” to battle against adversity and make plays.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom