New Coaching Staff Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
did Garrett have an offensive and defensive quality control coach?
That's actually a good question that I can't seem to find an answer to. If they didn't, they should have.

My guess is they basically did, but may have used different titles for it.

For example, what did Stephen Brown do? He's listed as an offensive assistant. I bet he did some of the quality control type of stuff. Or he got coffee, who knows with that regime.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I have no idea who this fuckin' guy is.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Highlights from wikipedia:

Robert Emmett Davis (born December 10, 1968) is a former American football long snapper (1993-2007) in the National Football League and current Director of Player Development for the Green Bay Packers. He was originally signed by the New York Jets as an undrafted free agent in 1993. He played college football at Shippensburg.

Upon retiring from the NFL, Davis joined the Packers' staff as Director of Player Development. Davis works for Pierce Manufacturing- an industry leader in fire apparatus. Rob helps lead the company's People First culture efforts as senior director of people and culture. Davis left pierce Manufacturing in January of 2020 to join former Packers head coach Mike Mcarthy with the Dallas Cowboys organization.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Edwards is an awesome hire, the staff isn't perfect but McggCarthy has done a heck of a job on it in general.
No, it's not perfect but is easily and by far the best coaching staff we've had around these parts in over 15 years.

I still can't wrap my head around the idea that coaching is actually going to be a strength for us. It's been so damn long that I've had any confidence in our staff that it honestly feels foreign.

Hell, I would've been happy to have a staff that at least did SOMETHING because even that was an improvement over the Garrett era. But to have a staff that can legitimately be viewed as a strength?

It's both great and a little surreal to me right now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's hilarious to think that we have like 4 former HC's as either coordinators or position coaches on staff, plus one of the best ST's coaches in the league, when just a month ago we had nothing but Garrett's fun house of former players because he had no network or real experience across the league aside from his tortured tenure in Dallas.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
New defensive coordinator Mike Nolan was asked what he wants the mentality of his defense to be. “I would say you want it to look like a swarming type of mentality. If anything, you’d like to do that,” Nolan said. “I believes there’s parts of coaching that goes into that. For example, I think the things you do with players, the way you teach your players, everything from the language to the scheme I think are all critical factors in making it looking just like that.”

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer 2h ago

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom