New Coaching Staff Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I will not consider this a timestamp because you got the quote wrong.
I don't have a Garrett PC to play, but him saying "doing" does not sound right.

How you doing sounds less than his fake Ivy League persona.

I would like someone to provide video and audio evidence.

I swear it is "going".

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I don't have a Garrett PC to play, but him saying "doing" does not sound right.

How you doing sounds less than his fake Ivy League persona.

I would like someone to provide video and audio evidence.

I swear it is "going".
Take your pwnage and move along, sir.

p1_

DCC 4Life
How Mike McCarthy has prepared for his return to NFL | NBC Sports

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I like McCarthy and think he got a bit of a raw deal in GB, but my opinion on this hire will largely depend on how serious he is with this whole spiel about evolving his schemes and approach, offensive ingenuity, diving into analytics, etc. This franchise badly needs to be dragged into the 21st century and if McCarthy is sincere about the changes he wants to make and follows through on them, then maybe he's the right guy for this job. I hope (although I know they won't) the DFW media holds him accountable on all these things.

But for all the talk of evolution and new approaches, to go out and hire a retread like Mike Nolan as a pat on the ass for him giving you your first job as an OC is just an awful start.

I'm willing to see where this goes because I have no other choice as a fan of this dismal franchise, but McCarthy is 0-for-1 with me so far.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Gotta hope that in all the study and analytical work he did not only brought to his attention any stale or repetitive tendencies but also the mistake of not running enough at times.

Green Bay has not had a legit RB since Ahman Green so I'm hoping that having by far the best RB at his disposal as a HC will motivate him to run it more than his history has shown.
No one is counting the influence of bitch ass crying Rodgers who has made it known he's ok with throwing 60 passes a game. I'm not a big McCarthy fan, but Rodgers is a drama queen, family hating, whining diva. I don't believe for a second McCarthy is 100% to blame for half the shit people are posting about his coaching.

p1_

DCC 4Life
After a terrible looking loss to the New England Patriots, Jerry Jones, fans, analysts, nearly everyone not named Stephen Jones came gunning for Jason Garrett. Then Garrett went on the radio and was asked about the use of analytics during the game and said, “it wasn’t best for the team.” He doubled down in his press conference saying that gameday analytics weren’t “valued.” Welcome to the end of the Jason Garrett era.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I like McCarthy and think he got a bit of a raw deal in GB, but my opinion on this hire will largely depend on how serious he is with this whole spiel about evolving his schemes and approach, offensive ingenuity, diving into analytics, etc. This franchise badly needs to be dragged into the 21st century and if McCarthy is sincere about the changes he wants to make and follows through on them, then maybe he's the right guy for this job. I hope (although I know they won't) the DFW media holds him accountable on all these things.

But for all the talk of evolution and new approaches, to go out and hire a retread like Mike Nolan as a pat on the ass for him giving you your first job as an OC is just an awful start.

I'm willing to see where this goes because I have no other choice as a fan of this dismal franchise, but McCarthy is 0-for-1 with me so far.
Who would you have liked to see?

I'd hope people could be objective and believe theres a reason McCarthy wants Nolan outside of a "hey, heres one to pay you back for giving me a shot as your OC" type label. Surely the guy is brighter than that.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Who would you have liked to see?

I'd hope people could be objective and believe theres a reason McCarthy wants Nolan outside of a "hey, heres one to pay you back for giving me a shot as your OC" type label. Surely the guy is brighter than that.
I'd like to believe that but the incestuousness of this hire is hard to ignore.

I don't know who the top position coaches are right now but I'd have liked to pluck someone from a defense that was actually really good this year. Baltimore or Chicago or something like that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd like to believe that but the incestuousness of this hire is hard to ignore.

I don't know who the top position coaches are right now but I'd have liked to pluck someone from a defense that was actually really good this year. Baltimore or Chicago or something like that.
I mean he brings in someone he is familiar with and knows will do a good job and it's incestuous. He keeps someone on or brings someone in who he isn't familiar with and Jerry must be forcing the guy on him. To me McCarthy has been around a long time and knows a lot of guys. If he knows Nolan is a great coach I'm all for it. The Saints defense has been pretty damn good and Nolan has been a coach for a lot of elite defenses. I see no problem with this one.

junk

Not So New Member
Some random names from this article:

Jim Haslett and Frank Cignetti would supposedly fly up to GB to talk shop with McCarthy this offseason. Cignetti was hired as OC at BC, but maybe Haslett as LB coach.

The other guy was Scott McCurley who was on the GB staff in 2018 and is available. He looks like a low level assistant type, but has been with McCarthy a lot.

Ben McAdoo is available and has worked under.......Nolan, Haslett and McCarthy.

Others:
Joe Philbin (available)
Edgar Bennett (Raiders WR coach, but was fired by McCarthy at one point)
Jeff Jagodzinski (looks like a clown, but coaches OL for the Dallas Renegades)
Tom Clements (QB Coach in Arizona)
Joe Whitt Jr (secondary and pass game coordinator in Cleveland)
James Campen (was OL coach for most of McCarthy's GB tenure - now with Cleveland)

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I mean he brings in someone he is familiar with and knows will do a good job and it's incestuous. He keeps someone on or brings someone in who he isn't familiar with and Jerry must be forcing the guy on him. To me McCarthy has been around a long time and knows a lot of guys. If he knows Nolan is a great coach I'm all for it. The Saints defense has been pretty damn good and Nolan has been a coach for a lot of elite defenses. I see no problem with this one.
Look, it's better than having Kris Richard foisted on him. On principle, I like the fact that McCarthy was able to go outside and hire his own guy to run his defense. But MIKE NOLAN isn't a name that inspires confidence in me when I think of "innovative new ideas" with a football team in 2020.

Top Bottom