New Coaching Staff Thread...

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
It's hard to pay attention anything McCarthy is saying when all I can focus on is his developing lazy eye.
so it begins.......

give it a couple of years (or less) and if he doesnt win, folks will be screaming about that eye and how it undermines his ability to see the field accurately

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
so it begins.......

give it a couple of years (or less) and if he doesnt win, folks will be screaming about that eye and how it undermines his ability to see the field accurately
The good thing is he's not in the family picture and won't have near the leash gingerfuck had

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Gotta hope that in all the study and analytical work he did not only brought to his attention any stale or repetitive tendencies but also the mistake of not running enough at times.

Green Bay has not had a legit RB since Ahman Green so I'm hoping that having by far the best RB at his disposal as a HC will motivate him to run it more than his history has shown.
Maybe Zeke will finally be used the way we all envisioned when he was drafted.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
If this continues, they are going to regret the Eliott contract real soon.
As I said, hopefully Zeke will be used more as a pass catcher... no way they ignore the talent. Pollard too.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Look, it's better than having Kris Richard foisted on him. On principle, I like the fact that McCarthy was able to go outside and hire his own guy to run his defense. But MIKE NOLAN isn't a name that inspires confidence in me when I think of "innovative new ideas" with a football team in 2020.
Yeah, thats a fair point. I was underwhelmed when I heard the name, because he's a retread. But my god...I would just about take anyone at this point outside of Marinellis old ass. Its so past time for that guy to head out to pasture.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
McCarthy hired Dom Capers and Mike Pettine as his DC's while in Green Bay. Capers of course did a great job with them for several years and Pettine is still there as the DC and running their defense, which has been the main reason for their turnaround.

Those are some pretty solid hires.

Nolan has been the LB coach in New Orleans for 3 years and I think has done a very good job with their group despite not having any truly elite players. Demario Davis has always been very talented but bounced around between a few teams, the Saints signed him as an unheralded FA last year and now he's 1st Team All-Pro in just his second season there.

He's been in charge of some very good defenses and some very mediocre ones, and if I had to guess it'll mostly come down to personnel. If we can consistently give him talent similar to what we had in 2019, adjusted based on his personnel preferences, I think he'll be fine.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Look, it's better than having Kris Richard foisted on him. On principle, I like the fact that McCarthy was able to go outside and hire his own guy to run his defense. But MIKE NOLAN isn't a name that inspires confidence in me when I think of "innovative new ideas" with a football team in 2020.
Who inspires more confidence in you? No oofense but position coaches on great defenses aren't always good coordinators. Look at some defenses Nolan has coached.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Marcus Spears gets emotional about the Cowboys hiring Mike McCarthy

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The guy has been to 4 NFC championship games and won a super bowl, and he’s barely above Garrett?
Sounds like a better Jason Garrett with Dom Capers, Aaron Rodgers, and no Jerry Jones.

I’m hoping he’s better than his post-Superbowl playoff record, but he made a lot of Garrett-like choices, especially against Seattle and especially regarding not trusting the running game at key moments.

Anyways, better is an improvement.

The biggest thing for me would be getting rid of Rod Marinelli.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I gotta say I liked how McCarthey spent his time since coaching the Packers. That as much as anything probably sold the Joneses.

Heck it half sold me, reading that interview and watching that video.

I’m not sure about Lewis as DC, but Nolan is intriguing. Whoever it is will by definition dump Marinelli’s terrible core DL philosophy.

We need either a massive 325 pound DT or a very talented ~300 pound one. Not another untalented <300 pounder like we already have.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
To be fair to Marinelli, if the chucklefucks running our drafts had a real football mind between them they'd have told Marinelli to fly a fucking kite while they draft a DT who has some lead in his ass.

I'm not blaming McClay necessarily either since he's in a weird position, I feel like it'd have to be on Jerry/Stephen to overrule a respected coach as far as a potential draft pick.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
No, because it will just prove the extent that people overreact to stuff that isn’t always relevant.
CSB, now explain why Garrett isn't even mentioned in the coaching search for the open teams

Sheik

DCC 4Life
McCarthy hasn’t aged well over the last 10 years. Can you imagine what this guy will look like after Jerry gets ahold of his ass for 3-5 years?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
CSB, now explain why Garrett isn't even mentioned in the coaching search for the open teams
Who is talking about Garrett?

I said it will be funny when people start overreacting to the little things that McCarthy does.

Oh and as I just mentioned in the other thread, Garrett is on the Giants’ radar if Rhule doesn’t work out. But killer point you are making, what with three whole head coach openings and all, it’s surely some kind of definite statement if he’s not employed within 2 weeks of getting canned. Not like better coaches didn’t sit out a year or longer in some cases.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Garrett is on the Giants’ radar
Bro you're relying on a friggin NY Post article, this sounds like another rumor his agent put out there

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Bro you're relying on a friggin NY Post article, this sounds like another rumor his agent put out there
I’m not relying on anything, I’m just relating what an actual reporter said on the subject, instead of what DallasCowboysCentral Poster Nobody Jsmith6919 who has no insight and no sources said on the matter.

Still has nothing to do with the subject I was discussing in this thread.

Top Bottom