NBA Chatter Thread

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The pick the Sixers are getting is only 1-3 protected!

OMG you have to love that deal.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Don't like the pick. I don't know the guy. Still don't like the pick.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Steve Adams avg'd 7 ppg and 6 rpg and we select him #12 overall.

We could have did much better. This guy probably would have been available at the bottom of the first. We have the #29 pick.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Steve Adams avg'd 7 ppg and 6 rpg and we select him #13 overall.

We could have did much better. This guy probably would have been available at the bottom of the first. We have the #29 pick.
Eh, ESPN had him as one of the BPAs.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This is another good thing you think of if you are Philly.

Say you are moving on from Bynum. Ok. So he's gone.

Now you just traded away your best player in Jrue Holiday too, who only made the All Star game because Rose missed the season, but its still a loss of your best player.

The player you just got, Nerlens Noel, is a high-upside guy at least as a stud defender, but is gonna miss half the season with an injury. So you are down your best player and Noel won't play much either.

So you are probably gonna suck next year.

And now you have your own pick which should be high, plus the Pelicans pick, in 2014.

Wiggins or Parker ammo.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Olynyk is drafted by the Mavericks but will be shipped to Boston.

Nice pick up for Boston.

D

Deuce

Ya, I'm happy with it. He and Melo will combine to make a nice rotation in the middle.

D

Deuce

I'm not going to pretend that I watch much Celtic basketball, but all I've heard is how old they are because of Garnett and Pierce. Is that a good trade for the Nets?
It's great for the Nets in the short term. The Celtics only looked old because their best player and best rookie both went out with injuries and had to rely on Pierce and Garnett to carry them. Those 2 can go back to being high end role players in NJ and help them make a run.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Bulls take Tony Snell.

Kinda out of left field, but the Bulls front office knows how to find role players in this range. Apparently he's got a very nice stroke, he has a very long wingspan, and held opponents to an 18% shooting percentage in ISO situations.

Seems like a Bulls pick if there ever was one. He's a guy that Thibs will turn into a very good defender, plus he's a guy who can shoot very well at that wing spot. So a defender and an outside shooter -- specifically a catch and shoot, or a pullup jumper guy.

Can't create his own offense but if he could, I guess he wouldn't be there at 20.

I defer my opinion.

Last edited:

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I love what Philly did. Burn it down and start over. Next years draft is very strong. We will be very bad. Our pick will be very high. New Orleans' pick is top 5 protected, but I don't think they'll be that bad anyhow. Still a lottery pick though. We are tanking big time. Two lottery picks in 2013 and two more next year is a great way to rebuild. Plus, we will have a ton of cap space next offseason. Great night. Next years lottery will be the biggest day for the Sixers organization in a long time. Just huge.

D

Deuce

So the Brooklyn/Boston trade is agreed to. At first I was liking the idea of all the 1st round picks, but Gerald Wallace's contract is horrid and for 3 more years. That's a horrendous take back.

Carl

RIP Brother
So the Brooklyn/Boston trade is agreed to. At first I was liking the idea of all the 1st round picks, but Gerald Wallace's contract is horrid and for 3 more years. That's a horrendous take back.
I don't know how the amnesty rule works, but could Wallace be amnestied? Failing that, I read something about a stretch clause that allows the Celtics to waive him, and stretch the cap hit over 6-7 years.

Either way, I don't think that Wallace plays for the Celtics this year. This team won't be able to rebound or score next year. Hopefully we have a top 5 pick next year. Couple the 2 #1's last year and the picks we have acquired, the Celtics have potentially 12 1st round picks between 2012-2018. Like most teams in the NBA, we need luck next year come lottery time.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't know how the amnesty rule works, but could Wallace be amnestied?
No, has to be a player on your roster when the amnesty rule was put into effect. Doesn't apply to players you traded for.

I think.

Carl

RIP Brother
No, has to be a player on your roster when the amnesty rule was put into effect. Doesn't apply to players you traded for.

I think.
I got a tweet back from Larry Coon, a CBA "expert", you can't amnesty anyone you trade for. Apparently the stretch thing is an option, and he thinks Celtics will use it, but they are still paying $30M for someone not to play, difference is cap hit is approx $4M p.a. over 7 rather than $10M p.a. over 3.

Last edited:

Carl

RIP Brother
Humphries is also an expiring contract, so expect Celtics to try and move him for more assets.

Top Bottom