NBA Chatter Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
From what I'm seeing, the most likely scenario for them is to trade the #2 to the LAC for Bledsoe and their 1st round pick. That would be a solid haul in a draft with no clear cut superstar to choose. Plus Hennigan has a good track record of grabbing talent from outside the lottery.
Arron Afflalo for Bledsoe and then them drafting Oladipo makes far more sense. Bledsoe and a late first round pick for the second pick in the draft would be highway robbery.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
LaMarcus Aldridge wants to play for the Bulls.

So much for that theory.

D

Deuce

Arron Afflalo for Bledsoe and then them drafting Oladipo makes far more sense. Bledsoe and a late first round pick for the second pick in the draft would be highway robbery.
They aren't giving up Bledsoe for a guy who was injured most of last year and only has 1 year left on his deal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They aren't giving up Bledsoe for a guy who was injured most of last year and only has 1 year left on his deal.
You don't give up the second pick in the draft for a backup PG and a throw away first rounder. Even if Bledsoe is better then your average backup PG. If the Magic did that they would have to be full retard.

Carl

RIP Brother
I am still not clear how the Celtics are rebuilding. A coach is gone. I want to rebuild and tank this year, but don't see how it is possible.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Report: Dwight Howard Unlikely To Re-Sign With Lakers

Dwight Howard is unlikely to re-sign with the Los Angeles Lakers, according to sources that spoke with ESPN's Chris Broussard.

The main reason for Howard's departure, should he leave, is Mike D'Antoni's system on offense.

Sources say the Dallas Mavericks and Houston Rockets are the favorites to sign Howard.

The Lakers can offer Howard a five-year, $118 million contract, while rival teams can pay just $88 million over four seasons.

Howard hasn't completely ruled out the Lakers, but he did not enjoy playing with Kobe Bryant within D'Antoni's system.

Howard likes the idea of joining the Mavericks, where he would become the franchise player beside an aging Dirk Nowitzki.

The Rockets would be the best option for Howard, according to those close to him. But Howard has reservations about how he would fit in their perimeter-oriented system.
Via Chris Broussard/ESPN

This fucking drama queen. Only he could get traded to the most historic franchise in league history and 2nd biggest media market in the country and think it's not good enough.

D

Deuce

Funny he wouldn't like the Rockets system which is the same as the old Orlando system he thrived in before going to LAL. You'd think he would have learned from that experience.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Playing with Kobe cannot be a good time and D'Antoni was a terrible choice as the coach...if Phil Jackson was coach we would not even be having this discussion.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Funny he wouldn't like the Rockets system which is the same as the old Orlando system he thrived in before going to LAL. You'd think he would have learned from that experience.
According to Chris Broussard of ESPN, he has grown fond of SVG since he left Orlando and has dealt with other coaches.

If this is true, then I'm sure he's more appreciative of that system as well.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I have seen stuff saying how tight he is with Harden, so I think he wants to play there. They are a perimeter team because they don't have a post presence.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Playing with Kobe cannot be a good time and D'Antoni was a terrible choice as the coach...if Phil Jackson was coach we would not even be having this discussion.
See, and your first point is one that I don't think people are taking into account.

Kobe is one of the least liked stars of all time. Not even his own damn teammates like him. People respect his game, but he's not a guy that is easy to get along with or that others want to rush to play with.

I don't think Howard appreciates Kobe's tendency to call out his teammates in public.

D

Deuce

I am still not clear how the Celtics are rebuilding. A coach is gone. I want to rebuild and tank this year, but don't see how it is possible.
This would be rebuilding.

@WojYahooNBA: Boston and Brooklyn discussing a blockbuster deal that would send Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to Nets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

@WojYahooNBA: Possible Nets package includes expiring deal of Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, Tomike Shenglia and three first-round picks, sources tell Y!

@WojYahooNBA: The Celtics are discussing the possibility of including either guard Jason Terry or Courtney Lee in the package, sources tell Y! Sports.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think Cleveland should go with Victor Oladipo.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks

@WojYahooNBA: Boston and Brooklyn discussing a blockbuster deal that would send Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to Nets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

@WojYahooNBA: Possible Nets package includes expiring deal of Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, Tomike Shenglia and three first-round picks, sources tell Y!

@WojYahooNBA: The Celtics are discussing the possibility of including either guard Jason Terry or Courtney Lee in the package, sources tell Y! Sports.
I'm not going to pretend that I watch much Celtic basketball, but all I've heard is how old they are because of Garnett and Pierce. Is that a good trade for the Nets?

EZ22

The One Who Knocks

I'm not going to pretend that I watch much Celtic basketball, but all I've heard is how old they are because of Garnett and Pierce. Is that a good trade for the Nets?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Only if they are planning to make a 1 or 2 year run at it. Garnett would be a good fit next to Lopez.

I'd bring Pierce off the bench. Reduce his minutes and hope for the best.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Anthony Bennett goes #1 overall. I don't think anyone saw that one coming.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Nerlens Noel is going to get killed tonight and tomorrow. He's looking like someone stole his puppy just because he didn't go #1 or #2 overall.

It doesn't bother me but I remember how everyone ripped Geno Smith for looking sullen after being passed over.

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Noel deserves to be drafted lower if for no other reason than that stupid 1992 haircut.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Noel passed over again. Looks like NBA teams are finally using a little common sense and the eye ball test for a change.

Noel's offensive game is very raw. He's athletic but no way in hell do you burn the #1 overall pick on a guy with a shaky offensive game.

Top Bottom