NBA Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

Humphries is also an expiring contract, so expect Celtics to try and move him for more assets.
No way. You trade for expiring deals to get the money next offseason. If they can stretch out Wallace and release him, they will be in great shape starting next year cap-wise.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There's no doubt in my mind that Garnett has another season left, and as a result, he will help that team. His post game isn't so great anymore, but his 18-20 foot jumper is still money.

He's still a good defender and a solid rebounder who will get in the paint defensively when Lopez doesn't want to.

Pierce is the big question mark. He can still be effective, but he's also slow as shit now as a result of his age. He looked really old in these playoffs and it has to be a concern on how easy it is to force him into a mistake now. The Knicks turned him into a turnover machine in that series and all they really did to him to was double him or full court press him. He'd either lose the ball on his own while dribbling or stumble to the floor while losing possession.

Is Jason Kidd a smart enough guy to coach around this?

If both Pierce and Garnett give them a solid season, and Jason Terry bounces back and regains his shooting touch, then this team could be dangerous.

Still, Jason Kidd is a big question mark. Aside from his inexperience, can he handle all of the egos?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm still kind of shocked over the Noel/Holiday deal. Holiday is my favorite player, so I have some homer issues with it, but the deal looks really smart right now. I just hope Noel is as good as people think he is.

D

Deuce

I'm still kind of shocked over the Noel/Holiday deal. Holiday is my favorite player, so I have some homer issues with it, but the deal looks really smart right now. I just hope Noel is as good as people think he is.
It's smart, but risky. You're getting an obvious downgrade at the PG position simply because Jrue was an All Star and MCW isn't all that special, IMO. In Noel, the potential is there to be great or a disaster. A big man with knee and foot issues just scares the crap out of me.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeah...those are my thoughts...also the pick next year is top 3 protected. Although with as deep as next year is there will be big talent after the 3rd pick.

D

Deuce

Yeah...those are my thoughts...also the pick next year is top 3 protected. Although with as deep as next year is there will be big talent after the 3rd pick.
Ya, but even that's no gaurentee. We all thought OKC was going to get a difference maker this year when they got the Toronto lottery pick in the Harden deal and it ended up in the teens.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I just can't see New Orleans being that good in the West.

D

Deuce

I just can't see New Orleans being that good in the West.
I liked the idea of Noel and Davis side by side in NO, but Jrue is also a good addition. Adding a legit PG has them on their way to building a competitive team. Now they just need Rivers and Davis to continue to develop.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Now I want to see if Hinkie can do something with Bynum in a sign and trade.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's smart, but risky. You're getting an obvious downgrade at the PG position simply because Jrue was an All Star and MCW isn't all that special, IMO. In Noel, the potential is there to be great or a disaster. A big man with knee and foot issues just scares the crap out of me.
Jrue Holiday was an allstar like Luol Deng was an allstar.

The kind of allstar you trade all day long for a 19 year old stud bigman and top pick in a loaded draft.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

Holliday is a nice player. You underestimate him just cause you think he wouldn't be an All Star if Rose was healthy. But the kid can play...especially for someone who just learned to play PG a year ago.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Holliday is a nice player. You underestimate him just cause you think he wouldn't be an All Star if Rose was healthy. But the kid can play...especially for someone who just learned to play PG a year ago.
There's no way he would have been an All Star if Rose played this year.

But yeah, he's a nice player. Just not a player you keep over Nerlens Noel and a 2014 high first round pick. That could end up being two studs, like a Ben Wallace or Dikembe Mutumbo and like, Stephen Curry or something. Both of them are better players than Holiday is.

D

Deuce

There's no way he would have been an All Star if Rose played this year.

But yeah, he's a nice player. Just not a player you keep over Nerlens Noel and a 2014 high first round pick. That could end up being two studs, like a Ben Wallace or Dikembe Mutumbo and like, Stephen Curry or something. Both of them are better players than Holiday is.
Ya, or it could be Greg Oden and any number of lottery busts that happen outside the top 3.

D

Deuce

Sure, but you can't operate assuming your front office will screw it up.
Taking on a player with current knee and foot problems is an easy situation to screw up and combine that with his lack of offensive game and the odds are heavily against him. It's the only reason Noel was even there at 6.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Taking on a player with current knee and foot problems is an easy situation to screw up and combine that with his lack of offensive game and the odds are heavily against him. It's the only reason Noel was even there at 6.
I'll take the risk on his talent.

Considering that Holiday is the PG equivalent of Luol Deng and he's not a missing piece for a championship team, which the Sixers aren't anyway.

So rolling the dice on two studs makes a lot of sense, considering the solid odds.

D

Deuce

Stop being dramatic. 17ppg and 8apg as a PG is pretty damn good. Much better than an equivalent to Luol Deng.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Stop being dramatic. 17ppg and 8apg as a PG is pretty damn good. Much better than an equivalent to Luol Deng.
Uh, Luol Deng is basically a career 17 ppg player. And a much better defender. They are very equivalent in terms of quality at their respective positions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom