NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
But wasn't he Giannis' choice? That's a really fast change.
I'm not sure if he was Giannis approved. He's bounced around a bit as an assistant.

I just remember him being on OKC's staff for a few years when Westbrook was still on the team.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm not sure if he was Giannis approved. He's bounced around a bit as an assistant.

I just remember him being on OKC's staff for a few years when Westbrook was still on the team.

That's the report, anyway.

Milwaukee afforded their MVP candidate with real influence over determining Budenholzer’s replacement, sources said. Antetokounmpo did not want former Raptors head coach Nick Nurse, league sources told Yahoo Sports. He wanted Griffin, Nurse’s chief assistant coach in Toronto.

1bigfan13

Staff member
That's the report, anyway.

Milwaukee afforded their MVP candidate with real influence over determining Budenholzer’s replacement, sources said. Antetokounmpo did not want former Raptors head coach Nick Nurse, league sources told Yahoo Sports. He wanted Griffin, Nurse’s chief assistant coach in Toronto.

This is why smart organizations don't allow their star players to play GM.

Most of the time these guys have no idea of what's best for them and their career. Their HC preferences usually default to a coach who they believe will allow them to be comfortable and play the way they want to play. Which isn't necessarily what's best for the team.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I like what the Knicks did today at the deadline. This is shaping up to be the year they finally make a deep playoff run.

As crazy as it sounds, I actually like them more than Boston in the East.

IMO, the Celtics are a team that is overly-reliant on 3-pointers. It just feels like they're one of those teams who lazily gets by on talent and athleticism during the regular season, but once they get deep into the playoffs vs teams who have just as much talent but with higher basketball IQs, their flaws get exposed.

Genghis Khan

I'm watching the sixers Knicks.

The Knicks style of play is extremely bullyish.

And it's like, that's fine if they call it. But they let them get away with A LOT.

Very frustrating to watch, especially when the Knicks get calls that you're not getting.

Genghis Khan

As an aside the Sixers suck without Embiid.

I think their record is like 26-9 with Embiid, 6-14 without him.

Genghis Khan

I thought I said this already but I don't see it.

Tobias Harris fucking sucks if you factor in his salary. The fact that he's been a max player the past 5 years is absurd.

With Embiid out, Tobias should be the best player on the floor for the Sixers. At worst second. Instead he's barely starter level.

It's the last year of his deal and I can't fucking wait for him to go.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I thought I said this already but I don't see it.

Tobias Harris fucking sucks if you factor in his salary. The fact that he's been a max player the past 5 years is absurd.

With Embiid out, Tobias should be the best player on the floor for the Sixers. At worst second. Instead he's barely starter level.

It's the last year of his deal and I can't fucking wait for him to go.
He was infected by Harden.

Top Bottom