NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Sneaky big game this afternoon between Boston and Golden State.

Golden State has been playing about as well as anyone over the last few weeks. Steph's been in a bit of a shooting slump but the other players have stepped up.

I'm mostly interested in seeing how Boston responds to playing a tough & healthy opponent for a change. They've had a pretty cushy ride lately thanks to all the injuries the other top Eastern Conference teams have been dealing with. Over the next week they have to face a string of healthy playoff teams (GSW, CLE, DEN, & PHX). I believe this stretch will tell us if they're really the clear cut title favorites or not.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Imagine how good he'll be once the Spurs put some actual NBA talent around him.

I'm a little skeptical of him. Not that he's not a good player because he is, but I'm not necessarily seeing the generational talent he's billed as. He hasn't elevated that franchise so far at all. Usually superstars do that, even in their first year.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Sneaky big game this afternoon between Boston and Golden State.

Golden State has been playing about as well as anyone over the last few weeks. Steph's been in a bit of a shooting slump but the other players have stepped up.

I'm mostly interested in seeing how Boston responds to playing a tough & healthy opponent for a change. They've had a pretty cushy ride lately thanks to all the injuries the other top Eastern Conference teams have been dealing with. Over the next week they have to face a string of healthy playoff teams (GSW, CLE, DEN, & PHX). I believe this stretch will tell us if they're really the clear cut title favorites or not.

As of right now Boston is up 42. Welp. :lol

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm a little skeptical of him. Not that he's not a good player because he is, but I'm not necessarily seeing the generational talent he's billed as. He hasn't elevated that franchise so far at all. Usually superstars do that, even in their first year.
IDK if 19 year old rookies typically do that. Especially with a roster as bad as the Spurs.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Jalen Brunson possibly blew out his knee less than a minute into the game.

It was a non contact injury. He went up for a jumper and immediately grabbed his left knee.

Knicks are a cursed franchise.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Jalen Brunson possibly blew out his knee less than a minute into the game.

It was a non contact injury. He went up for a jumper and immediately grabbed his left knee.

Knicks are a cursed franchise.
Looks like he dodged a bullet.

He banged knees with someone else a couple seconds before that and I think that's why the leg gave out as he went up for the shot.

That's made it look worse than it actually was, so good for him and the Knicks that it was nothing more than a bruise/contusion.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If you know anything about Giannis there is a documentary about his life on Netflix called The Marvelous Journey and it is well worth the watch.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If you know anything about Giannis there is a documentary about his life on Netflix called The Marvelous Journey and it is well worth the watch.
Sorry, it's on Amazon Prime. Not Netflix. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Top Bottom