NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Don't look now but your OKC Thunder are tied for the best record in the West.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Don't look now but your OKC Thunder are tied for the best record in the West.
The Rockets have them right where they want them. Going to snipe them in the playoffs.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Embiid dropped 70 and 18 last night.

Unstoppable.

Best basketball player in the world right now.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Karl Anthony Towns but the wolves lost and his coach called it a disgusting and immature approach to basketball. :lol
It was exactly that.

I watched the 4th quarter of that game after the Sixers game ended and the T-Wolves were clearly going out of their way to force the ball to KAT. Even when the game got tight down the stretch they were still playing loose like they had a 20+ point lead.

Anthony Edwards even admitted afterward that they got too caught up in trying to force the ball to KAT. They even had their assistant coaches keeping track of the Sixers game so that they could relay Embiid's numbers to the Wolves players.

Here's my gripe with the T-Wolves HC. As the HC you have the power to tell them to knock that shit off and play the right way. He should have corrected that shit in the moment instead of waiting until after the game.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Giannis was clearly unhappy with Griffin. If the superstars aren't happy, the HC pretty much always gets shown the door.

Lebron fired David Blatt when the Cavs were 30-11.

I think Griffin showed enough to get another shot somewhere else. This was one of those jobs where nothing less than a championship will be seen as a successful season. IMO, that's a terrible position to walk into for a first-time HC. Because the organization and fans won't have the patience to allow you to learn and grow as a coach.

Genghis Khan

Here's my gripe with the T-Wolves HC. As the HC you have the power to tell them to knock that shit off and play the right way. He should have corrected that shit in the moment instead of waiting until after the game.
Yep. Exactly right.

Genghis Khan

Giannis was clearly unhappy with Griffin. If the superstars aren't happy, the HC pretty much always gets shown the door.

Lebron fired David Blatt when the Cavs were 30-11.

I think Griffin showed enough to get another shot somewhere else. This was one of those jobs where nothing less than a championship will be seen as a successful season. IMO, that's a terrible position to walk into for a first-time HC. Because the organization and fans won't have the patience to allow you to learn and grow as a coach.

But wasn't he Giannis' choice? That's a really fast change.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This is why the NBA is a joke to me anymore. In what other sport would a championship-or-bust team hire a first time HC? That's crazy.

But they want the players to run the league, and they do.

Top Bottom