NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Looks like Wade will be joining the Cavs.

He was getting fat and slow anyway. :sad

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
22 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists and 1 block in 14 minutes for Joel Embiid in his preseason debut.

He's getting ready to take over the world.

:towel

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Despite the Mavs being in rebuild mode, I am still very excited about the season.

Really looking forward to seeing how the Warriors, Cavs, Thunder, Celtics, Rockets, and Spurs all do against each other.

And I'm also curious to see how the Timberwolves do.

This is one of the most intriguing starts to an NBA season in quite some time.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Carp was right about Doncic, I was a bit skeptical that he could be the clear-cut 1 with athletes like Porter and Bagley in the class but this guy is ridiculous at just 18. Was Slovenia's second best player after Dragic in winning the Euros and now he's averaging 15/6/5 in the second best pro league in the world.

I'm pretty sure that there will be at least 2-3 prospects better than Fultz/Ball in this class and it should be one of the best top 5's in about a decade, maybe since the Rose/Beasley/Westbrook/Love year.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Gordon Hayward's season is already over due to a gruesome ankle/leg injury.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
Woke up to the good news that the Warriors lost.

Barring catastrophic injuries they'll probably still win the championship but at least their ring night was spoiled.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Woke up to the good news that the Warriors lost.

Barring catastrophic injuries they'll probably still win the championship but at least their ring night was spoiled.
They lost the home opener last year to the Spurs too.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well I guess I will have to look stuff up now since my Rocket reporter was banned.

Unless Ace wants to add Rocket insider news for me since he doesn't have to worry about the Mavs.....

1bigfan13

Staff member
Well I guess I will have to look stuff up now since my Rocket reporter was banned.

Unless Ace wants to add Rocket insider news for me since he doesn't have to worry about the Mavs.....
The NBA on TNT crew were pretty down on CP3's role in the Rockets offense. None of them think CP3 is a good fit for the Houston offense. After the game it sounded as if they were already throwing in the towel on the CP3/Rockets experiment.

Granted D'antoni's system doesn't fit Paul's playing style, but I'm a firm believer that great players can play well in any system. CP3's too good of a player not to figure it out.

D

Deuce

Gordon Hayward's season is already over due to a gruesome ankle/leg injury.

I don't think he'll be done for the year. I think it only turned out to be a broken ankle.

As an aside, lots of heart showed by the team to overcome watching that, comeback and almost pull off the upset.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The NBA on TNT crew were pretty down on CP3's role in the Rockets offense. None of them think CP3 is a good fit for the Houston offense. After the game it sounded as if they were already throwing in the towel on the CP3/Rockets experiment.

Granted D'antoni's system doesn't fit Paul's playing style, but I'm a firm believer that great players can play well in any system. CP3's too good of a player not to figure it out.
Word is that he played on one leg last night according to D'Antoni.

That's another thing with him too -- nagging injuries.

I think he'll be fine if he's healthy, and for all their talk last night of him not fitting, they still won at GS and Paul had 12 assists.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I watched the first half of the Clippers-Lakers game and this is a pretty accurate depiction of what we down. :lol

Top Bottom