NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It ain't the Summer league anymore.
Did you see LaVar Ball's whack ass response to Beverley?

His only comeback to Beverley was to point out that his son's brand is bigger than Beverley's will ever be and that Beverley will never make big money. He also made some comments about how Beverley is nobody and the only reason people are talking about him is because he shut down Lonzo. :jerk

Basically sour grapes, loser talk.

Hate to break it to the blowhard, but once you step onto the court no one gives a shit about bank accounts or brands. You either perform or get embarrassed. Last night his son got embarrassed.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Did you see LaVar Ball's whack ass response to Beverley?

His only comeback to Beverley was to point out that his son's brand is bigger than Beverley's will ever be and that Beverley will never make big money. He also made some comments about how Beverley is nobody and the only reason people are talking about him is because he shut down Lonzo. :jerk

Basically sour grapes, loser talk.

Hate to break it to the blowhard, but once you step onto the court no one gives a shit about bank accounts or brands. You either perform or get embarrassed. Last night his son got embarrassed.
Yup, I saw it.

Beverley isn't some nobody as he's claiming. Yes, he's a limited player but he's a guy who has developed a reputation around the league as a very good defender and one of those dogs who gets after it.

Acting like Beverley has never been heard of and suggesting that he's only being mentioned because of his son is just an effort by him to deflect how bad Lonzo looked last night.

It wasn't just the poor play, it was how intimidated he looked that was most alarming to me.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Ball isn't even that good to begin with, he's going to end up being a nice player, maybe make a few All-Star teams but he will never live up to the hype train, which has been exaggerated by his idiotic father.

D

Deuce

Ball isn't even that good to begin with, he's going to end up being a nice player, maybe make a few All-Star teams but he will never live up to the hype train, which has been exaggerated by his idiotic father.
If he makes ASG's, it's because of uneducated/Lakers fans voting. He's a poor mans Ricky Rubio and his ceiling is Jason Kidd but I doubt he ever gets there, IMO.

As an aside, the Lakers as a whole look real bad so far. Who needs a Nets pick when you have their's?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If he makes ASG's, it's because of uneducated/Lakers fans voting. He's a poor mans Ricky Rubio and his ceiling is Jason Kidd but I doubt he ever gets there, IMO.

As an aside, the Lakers as a whole look real bad so far. Who needs a Nets pick when you have their's?

Not if it's number one overall you don't!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So how do we feel about hair like this...

Was watching the Magic highlights and caught that beauty.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

I think he's more of a rich man's Rubio but it's a good comparison.

As far as their pick, I still feel like they're behind the Bulls (way behind), Nets, Knicks, Hawks, and perhaps the Suns or Kings. Two or three of those teams (not the Bulls, lol) could be better but not all of them will be, so their odds I'm guessing will be somewhere around 5th best.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Seems even more over the top ridiculous this season. I'm not even sure how someone can play basketball like that.
He's had the exact same hair style since he came into the league a few years ago. When he runs down the court that quaff of hair bounces up and down. Looks ridiculous.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's had the exact same hair style since he came into the league a few years ago. When he runs down the court that quaff of hair bounces up and down. Looks ridiculous.
Like how does that not fuck with his vision. I mean it would bounce right in front of his eyes. If for no other reason that has to hurt his career doesn't it?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Kinda feel sorry for Ball, seems like nice enough kid and humble, but his blowhard dad makes everyone hate him.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Ball had a nice bounce back game last night. He took a lot more shots than you'd usually see him take. I'm assuming that was in response to the critical comments he received after the Clippers game.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Look at this bullshit.

He's moved up one spot in my personal 'Sports Figures I Hate' Power Rankings

1. Mike Stoops
2. Jerry Jones
3. Jason Garrett
4. Andre Roberson
5. Sam Presti (for giving Roberson a new contract)

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Shooting a higher FG% than FT% is 100% mental, unless you're some behemoth like Shaq who shoots 55%+ from the field and simply isn't built physically to shoot FT's.

I'm fairly certain the average person who has any kind of extensive experience playing basketball in their life could shoot 40-45% from the line like Roberson apparently does.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I was a doubter in Ben Simmons but he's starting to win me over. I thought his ceiling was a Lamar Odom type player but he's looking like he could be much better. During his prime Odom was a 16 pt, 9 reb, 5 ast. kind of player. Simmons is already exceeding those numbers. Small sample size but still impressive for a rookie.

My Odom comparison was based on what Simmons showed us in college. He played lazy, passive, whatever you want to call it, far too often. Obviously that could have been a byproduct of him not wanting to play at the NCAA level in the first place.

Top Bottom