Must See Movies

BipolarFuk

Demoted
If you want to see the fallout from The Winter Soldier, don't forget to watch Agents of Shield Tuesday.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not completely pointless. It probably leads to them fighting side by side in the 3rd Captain America movie in a few years.
In the comics he takes over for Capt America.

D

Deuce

In the comics he takes over for Capt America.
I know that and I'm hoping that's how the Captain America/Steve Rogers trilogy ends. But I figured some people here didn't know about it and didn't want to put it out there. :lol

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I saw Hangover 3 the other day.

The movie wasn't funny. Like, at all.

And they ruined the Alan character. Made him completely unlikable.

What the hell happened?

D

Deuce

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I saw Hangover 3 the other day.

The movie wasn't funny. Like, at all.

And they ruined the Alan character. Made him completely unlikable.

What the hell happened?
Hangover 2 wasn't good either. They took a good movie and pumped out sequels as quickly as possible in a money grab. They got what they wanted out of it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The more previews I see of Draft Day the more I laugh.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The more previews I see of Draft Day the more I laugh.
Costner is a wildcatting GM who loves to take gambles. Probably a strained relationship with a wife or daughter...pretty much seals the Oscar.

hstour

Brand New Member
Hangover 2 wasn't good either. They took a good movie and pumped out sequels as quickly as possible in a money grab. They got what they wanted out of it.
I'd be more inclined to say that the jokes were done in the original. They aren't as funny the 2nd time around.

D

Deuce

I'd be more inclined to say that the jokes were done in the original. They aren't as funny the 2nd time around.
To be honest, there weren't even jokes in that one either. They took two normal guys, made them babysit a retard and put them in crazy situations. It was basically a scripted Jackass movie.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Captain America: TWS > The Dark Knight

This is a fact.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Captain America: TWS > The Dark Knight

This is a fact.
No way. You have to have a top tier villain and TWS is not it. It is not as good as any Nolan Batflicks.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
TWS is definitely an upper tier comic book movie. Whether it holds its own with Nolan's Batman flicks is a matter of opinion. The percentages on Rotten Tomatoes are comparable.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
TWS is definitely an upper tier comic book movie. Whether it holds its own with Nolan's Batman flicks is a matter of opinion. The percentages on Rotten Tomatoes are comparable.
It does not have the style points that Nolan has.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not impressed with Gravity. I guess IMAX would have made it better.

The second Thor flick just seemed like a money grab.

dallen

Senior Tech

It was definitely one to see in the theatre on as big a screen as possible. I saw it in IMAX 3D sitting in the front row. Probably the closest I'll ever get to going to space. I'm sure it loses a lot on a home theatre though. There isn't exactly a lot of plot

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It was definitely one to see in the theatre on as big a screen as possible. I saw it in IMAX 3D sitting in the front row. Probably the closest I'll ever get to going to space. I'm sure it loses a lot on a home theatre though. There isn't exactly a lot of plot
Great movie, though. But you're right, it was phenomenal in IMAX.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around

I walked out of the SD version... then I was talked into going to see it in IMAX, the visuals clearly made up for the abhorrent storyline/dialogue.

booze, how far are you from stonecrest at piper glen? The Regal Cinema there has a really nice IMAX theater.

Top Bottom