Must See Movies

junk

Not So New Member
There are a couple of movies that came out on DVD that I was stoked for that are really disappointments.

American Hustle and The Counselor in particular.

cmd34

Brand New Member
There are a couple of movies that came out on DVD that I was stoked for that are really disappointments.

American Hustle and The Counselor in particular.
I really thought American Hustle would be good. I was bored to tears.

Is Wolf of Wall Street any good?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

It was kinda meh to me.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
ME and the daughter are going next weekend. But I watched the first with her yesterday and she is psyched!

D

Deuce

I read yesterday that they're making a Battle of the Sexes movie and Will Ferrel is playing Bobby Riggs.

Yes, please.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I really loved Wolf of Wall Street for the first 2 hours, but it was just way too long. It was a 3 hour movie that would have been killer as a 2 hour movie. Matthew McConaughey's brief appearance in the movie is pretty good as well. Lots of nudity, drugs and cussing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
New Captain America was pretty good. Do not stay for the second preview at the credits.

junk

Not So New Member

It was OK, but I didn't think it was anything great. I think I was more annoyed after I read up on the real life Jordan Belfort. Plus Jonah Hill is horrible.

The Counselor was like American Hustle. Amazing cast, boring story. It was written by Cormac McCarthy which became apparent every time someone opened their mouth. No one talks like that in real life.

Carp

DCC 4Life
There were two...the first one was a decent teaser. The second one was predictable.
It is funny that somehow the reveal of The Winter Soldier was supposed to be a jaw dropper.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Captain America was really good.

My kids were like, wow, look at all the Krav Maga he is using.

Carp

DCC 4Life
They did the reveal in a post credit sequence? That's weird.
No, but the 2nd post credit deal dealt with the WS. If you saw the first one it is clear who the WS is.

cmd34

Brand New Member
I must have missed the 2nd one...what happened with the Winter Soldier? Send me a Private Message if you don't want to spoil for others.

I saw the one that was leading up to Guardians of the Galaxy, which feels like a strange movie choice for Marvel.

Edit, I also watched Thor 2 on PPV when I got home so I think I'm mixing up stuff.

Still interested in what happened with Winter Soldier though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It was not in the trailers but the credit teasers at the end. All it showed was the WS starting to figure out who he really is. Kind of pointless since it was established during the movie.

D

Deuce

It was not in the trailers but the credit teasers at the end. All it showed was the WS starting to figure out who he really is. Kind of pointless since it was established during the movie.
Not completely pointless. It probably leads to them fighting side by side in the 3rd Captain America movie in a few years.

Top Bottom