Must See Movies

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I know the bitch be crazy, but damn Sean Young was beautiful in Blade Runner

It's too bad she won't live...but then again, who does?

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
She was imminently doable back then. Then she got fat, but I think I remember her looking good again in one of the Ace Ventura movies didn't she?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Sean Young went nuts when she did not get Catwoman in Batman Returns.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Jersey Shore Shark Attack is flatout greatness.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So anyways...

Star Trek: Into Darkness...SUCK

World War Z....eh, okay.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I did not like the World War Z zombies. Too fast.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I'm a fan of fast zombies, 28 days later comes to mind. I like traditional zombies as well, but I think a good fast zombie is equally entertaining.
To each his own, I guess.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Prisoners was an excellent movie...Gyllenhaal and Jackman were excellent, Gyllenhaal in particular. Pretty dark movie...not like Ranson, more in the vein of Mystic River.

junk

Not So New Member
Prisoners was an excellent movie...Gyllenhaal and Jackman were excellent, Gyllenhaal in particular. Pretty dark movie...not like Ranson, more in the vein of Mystic River.
It has been getting pretty great reviews.

D

Deuce

Spoiler it for me. I want to see it but I can't take the wife if it has a bad ending. She's too emotional at the moment. :lol

Carp

DCC 4Life
Spoiler it for me. I want to see it but I can't take the wife if it has a bad ending. She's too emotional at the moment. :lol
See below:
They get the girls back, but Jackman and Howard kind of have to do some horrible things to get there...things that turn out to be jot needed.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This Is The End.

Not horrible.

But certainly something I am recommending

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yes it was.

I saw it last weekend and loved it. And Mystic River is a good comparison and that is another movie I am a big fan of.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I thought it was great. I can't wait to see The World's End to compare.
I kinda hated the World's End. Which is surprising because I actually own Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

This is the End, however, I loved.

D

Deuce

I kinda hated the World's End. Which is surprising because I actually own Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

This is the End, however, I loved.
That's disappointing, but of the few people I know who've seen it you're the first who didn't like it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Maybe hated is too strong a word, but it definitely was not as good as the other two. Simon Pegg was good in it, but it just did not make me laugh. And the ending I thought (when they finally get to the World's End) was awful.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Finally watched IM3. I thought it was good, but I was let down a little bit. I expected too much from it I think.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
World's end was good, but the pacing wasn't as good as the other Pegg movies, dragging in some parts then racing through the end. Also, I thought the ending was a silly cop-out that didn't actually resolve the dramatic storyline very well. Overall I thought the dramatic storyline about how everyone's lives (especially Pegg's character) were fucked up coexisted very poorly with the comedy/adventure plot and in the end they resolved the latter and hand-waved the former away by saying "everyone felt better after shit blew up".

Top Bottom