Must See Movies

Carp

DCC 4Life
World War Z seems to be getting some love. Again...I thought the movie was just average, nothing more. They are going to do a sequel, supposedly they are talking about it being a trilogy. They kind of have too after how weakly they ended the movie.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
World War Z seems to be getting some love. Again...I thought the movie was just average, nothing more. They are going to do a sequel, supposedly they are talking about it being a trilogy. They kind of have too after how weakly they ended the movie.
I am disappointed in you for your lack of comments about "This is the End." That's generally your thing, you are all over those movies.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am disappointed in you for your lack of comments about "This is the End." That's generally your thing, you are all over those movies.
That one and The Purge I will be seeing in the next week. Had to do the big summer blockbusters with the kids first.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I thought it was solid entertainment, nothing special.

I don't think he just all of a sudden sensed what was wrong. I noticed that those zombies were running past people who were being still, so I thought that's what it was. I guess he realized that the bald kid appeared to have cancer and the solider was obviously hurt or something. Anyway, it sure looks like there's a sequel in the works because he talks about "buying time" and not that it cured everything. So it's possible we'll get a sequel or something.

Also, didn't one of the guys at the WHO say that anything in that bin would kill him? So did the chick shoot him up with a vaccine when he got back? I couldn't tell if she shot him up with a cure, or gave him another dose of some virus or whatever so that way he could walk the streets and not be detected.
They didn't say it but I'm assuming he was shot up with a vaccine to counter the virus that he took earlier.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Jim Carrey surprised many people this weekend when he took to Twitter to decry his upcoming film Kick-Ass 2. Citing the sheer amount of violence in the movie, Carrey appears to have lost any interest in promoting the movie.

"I did Kickass a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence," the actor wrote on his Twitter. "My apologies to others involve with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart."

Kick-Ass creator and writer Mark Millar then published a response on his Millarworld forums recounting his excitement in having Carrey board the project and after seeing his completed role in the film. Ultimately, Millar wrote: "Kick-Ass avoids the usual bloodless body-count of most big summer pictures and focuses instead of the CONSEQUENCES of violence, whether it's the ramifications for friends and family or, as we saw in the first movie, Kick-Ass spending six months in hospital after his first street altercation....Ultimately, this is his (Carrey's) decision, but I've never quite bought the notion that violence in fiction leads to violence in real-life any more than Harry Potter casting a spell creates more Boy Wizards in real-life."

"Jim, I love ya and I hope you reconsider for all the above points. You're amazing in this insanely fun picture and I'm very proud of what Jeff, Matthew and all the team have done here."

Written and directed by Jeff Wadlow, the film also stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Chloë Grace Moretz, Morris Chestnut, John Leguizamo and Donald Faison. Kick-Ass 2 will be released in North American theaters on August 16.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Jim Carrey surprised many people this weekend when he took to Twitter to decry his upcoming film Kick-Ass 2. Citing the sheer amount of violence in the movie, Carrey appears to have lost any interest in promoting the movie.

"I did Kickass a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence," the actor wrote on his Twitter. "My apologies to others involve with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart."

Kick-Ass creator and writer Mark Millar then published a response on his Millarworld forums recounting his excitement in having Carrey board the project and after seeing his completed role in the film. Ultimately, Millar wrote: "Kick-Ass avoids the usual bloodless body-count of most big summer pictures and focuses instead of the CONSEQUENCES of violence, whether it's the ramifications for friends and family or, as we saw in the first movie, Kick-Ass spending six months in hospital after his first street altercation....Ultimately, this is his (Carrey's) decision, but I've never quite bought the notion that violence in fiction leads to violence in real-life any more than Harry Potter casting a spell creates more Boy Wizards in real-life."

"Jim, I love ya and I hope you reconsider for all the above points. You're amazing in this insanely fun picture and I'm very proud of what Jeff, Matthew and all the team have done here."

Written and directed by Jeff Wadlow, the film also stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Chloë Grace Moretz, Morris Chestnut, John Leguizamo and Donald Faison. Kick-Ass 2 will be released in North American theaters on August 16.
I didn't know he was in it. I'm scratching that movie off my list. The last few movies I saw with him in it were awful, mostly because of him.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I really loved Kick Ass, so I will be watching this. It is lame though that he is bringing this up now. I mean I get that Sandy Hook was a tragedy, but that was not the first tragedy ever. Pompous movie star bullshit.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I really loved Kick Ass, so I will be watching this. It is lame though that he is bringing this up now. I mean I get that Sandy Hook was a tragedy, but that was not the first tragedy ever. Pompous movie star bullshit.
That douche seems to want to take over every movie he's in and make it about his inability to be funny anymore.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I saw some video where he was doing this Hee Haw-type song about Charlton Heston being in hell, I guess because people kill people with guns sometimes. It was pretty unfunny and classless.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
He should have condemned it because it was a sequel to that POS 'Kick-Ass' in the first place.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Finally got around to seeing "Into Darkness" . I don't see how any sci fi fan couldn't' t like it. Dazzling action and effects. Granted the story line was average but necessary for subsequent episodes. I do like the way how they continue to present the young Kirk as marginal Captain materiel.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am a bit surprised, but I am seeing some good things written about Pacific Rim.

D

Deuce

That and The Lone Ranger are getting universally panned.
I saw White House Down. If you don't go into that movie expecting it to be great, you're a fool. Good action, Jamie Foxx tries to be funny Obama, Channing Tatum tried to be dreamy and Maggie tried to look less like a man than he actually is.

It was funny that all the political figures sort of matched up with their real life counterparts. Black, young President. Old white VP who specializes in foreign affairs and so on.

Top Bottom