Must See Movies

Carp

DCC 4Life
I thought it was interesting in the back story about all the historical stuff Jor mentioned.

All the explorers they sent out to find new worlds. That is where I thought it was setting up for maybe his cousin Kara or some other Kryptonian

And the preview for Pacific Rim looks really interesting.
Maybe they could make a Bizarro Superman from that...I just don't want to see Supergirl...that would be horrid.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I agree. I usually like stupid movies like this, but I even cringed when that dude is all "WE R CANCELLING THE APOCOLYPSE!".

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I agree. I usually like stupid movies like this, but I even cringed when that dude is all "WE R CANCELLING THE APOCOLYPSE!".
If Michael Bey was directing you would all like oh hells ayuh.

D

Deuce

Charlie Hunnam is great on SOA, but I can't see him carrying a movie like Pacific Rim.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Looper was better than expected after all the disappointed reviews (if that makes sense).
What I mean is it was a good movie that didn't live up to the hype.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I thought Looper was horrible.

Cotton

Staff member
I thought it was good. Cool premise and JGL did great at mimicking Willis' facial expressions to act as a younger version.
I was actually thinking about Parker. It's the most recent movie I have rented. Looper was good, but Parker was bad.

Not sure why my mind went to Parker.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I was actually thinking about Parker. It's the most recent movie I have rented. Looper was good, but Parker was bad.

Not sure why my mind went to Parker.
McDonalds arguments have screwed your mind up

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I see they figured out that Jeff Bridges does a great "old gruff drunk western" accent and decided to cast him in a follow up to True Grit.

Looks good... I'd see it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I see they figured out that Jeff Bridges does a great "old gruff drunk western" accent and decided to cast him in a follow up to True Grit.

Looks good... I'd see it.
They just ran that commercial during the basketball game. Not sure if like. Parts look good, others feh.

Jiggyfly

Banned
They just ran that commercial during the basketball game. Not sure if like. Parts look good, others feh.
They lost me when they made the characters look like some hot chick and an old Asian dude in real life who the hell wants to watch those extra characters.

Pacific Rim looks great to me, but then I don't totally hate the Godzilla remake they did a while back.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Shailene Woodley's Mary Jane Role Cut From "The Amazing Spider-Man 2"
By Tanya Ghahremani | Jun 19, 2013 | 6:56 pm |

If you were looking forward to seeing Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane in the upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man 2, bad news: According to The Hollywood Reporter, Woodley and Mary Jane have been cut from the film following director Marc Webb's decision to "streamline" the plot.

Woodley's appearance as Mary Jane was never intended to be huge—she only filmed for three days, and her role in the film was only meant to introduce her as a major player for the third and fourth sequels—but Webb ultimately decided to focus on Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield)'s relationship with Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone). Mary Jane's character, instead, will just be introduced in the third film.

"I made a creative decision to streamline the story and focus on Peter and Gwen and their relationship," Webb explained of the decision. "Shailene is an incredibly talented actress, and while we only shot a few scenes with Mary Jane, we all love working with her."

It's not clear whether or not Woodley will be returning to the role, but sources are reportedly saying that it's likely Mary Jane will be recast.

"Of course I'm bummed," Woodley said of the news in a statement to EW. "But I am a firm believer in everything happening for a specific reason. MJ only appeared in a few scenes and I wouldn’t trade the experience of working with Andrew and Emma for three days on set for the world. Based on the proposed plot, I completely understand the need for holding off on introducing MJ until the next film."

It's a tough break, but Woodley should be alright—after starring alongside George Clooney in The Descendants, a role that effectively helped most people forget about the fact that she ever starred in The Secret Life of an American Teenager, Woodley managed to nab a lead roles in The Fault in Our Stars, The Spectacular Now, and in the upcoming major blockbuster Divergent.
------------

Whew.

She's ugly as shat.

Cotton

Staff member
Kirsten Dunst?

You are nuts.

Carp

DCC 4Life
RIPD pretty much looks like they are doing a different version of Men In Black.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm glad they are holding off on Maryjane...if they follow the comics Gwen will die and for them to go through that and introduce multiple villians that would be tough. I mean this series has 2 movies after this one, so they have time.

Top Bottom