Must See Movies

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
MoS was solid, reminded me why Superman was my favorite superhero growing up.
It did go a little to far for an origin movie, Lex will really have to be badass

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
MoS was solid, reminded me why Superman was my favorite superhero growing up.
It did go a little to far for an origin movie, Lex will really have to be badass
In the Smallville series Lex works because Supes is learning who he is and about his capabilities. It seems that after defeating fellow Kryptonians who were almost his equal mentally and physically that they would almost have to make him superhuman. I bet they move on from Luthor and go to bigger fish.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
They lost me when they made the characters look like some hot chick and an old Asian dude in real life who the hell wants to watch those extra characters.

Pacific Rim looks great to me, but then I don't totally hate the Godzilla remake they did a while back.
I think that's probably just the one scene.

D

Deuce

Shailene Woodley's Mary Jane Role Cut From "The Amazing Spider-Man 2"
By Tanya Ghahremani | Jun 19, 2013 | 6:56 pm |

If you were looking forward to seeing Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane in the upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man 2, bad news: According to The Hollywood Reporter, Woodley and Mary Jane have been cut from the film following director Marc Webb's decision to "streamline" the plot.

Woodley's appearance as Mary Jane was never intended to be huge—she only filmed for three days, and her role in the film was only meant to introduce her as a major player for the third and fourth sequels—but Webb ultimately decided to focus on Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield)'s relationship with Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone). Mary Jane's character, instead, will just be introduced in the third film.

"I made a creative decision to streamline the story and focus on Peter and Gwen and their relationship," Webb explained of the decision. "Shailene is an incredibly talented actress, and while we only shot a few scenes with Mary Jane, we all love working with her."

It's not clear whether or not Woodley will be returning to the role, but sources are reportedly saying that it's likely Mary Jane will be recast.

"Of course I'm bummed," Woodley said of the news in a statement to EW. "But I am a firm believer in everything happening for a specific reason. MJ only appeared in a few scenes and I wouldn’t trade the experience of working with Andrew and Emma for three days on set for the world. Based on the proposed plot, I completely understand the need for holding off on introducing MJ until the next film."

It's a tough break, but Woodley should be alright—after starring alongside George Clooney in The Descendants, a role that effectively helped most people forget about the fact that she ever starred in The Secret Life of an American Teenager, Woodley managed to nab a lead roles in The Fault in Our Stars, The Spectacular Now, and in the upcoming major blockbuster Divergent.
------------

Whew.

She's ugly as shat.
She's got fugly feet. That means something to me.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
RIPD looks awful. It is just MIB with dead people. One cocky young guy and the grizzled vet. It even has an acronym name. Add in that I have no idea why Ryan Reynolds is still a thing, and it's a pass.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
RIPD looks awful. It is just MIB with dead people. One cocky young guy and the grizzled vet. It even has an acronym name. Add in that I have no idea why Ryan Reynolds is still a thing, and it's a pass.
Agree, and I'm gay for Jeff Bridges.

D

Deuce

I like Ryan Reynolds.

D

Deuce

If he ruins a Justice League movie, then my wrath shall be visited upon you.
He's going to have to carry it with the no-names they will end up getting. Batman and Superman are supposed to be the stars if the Justice League and those are both huge question marks.

My expectations for that movie is pretty low.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
RIPD pretty much looks like they are doing a different version of Men In Black.
That was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the trailer last weekend. I thought it was just an MIB rip-off but then someone pointed out that RIPD comics were out before MIB.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Imma see World War Z in a couple hours. I am a sucker for apocolypse type shit.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Imma see World War Z in a couple hours. I am a sucker for apocolypse type shit.
I just got back from watching it. I thought it was a solid apocalypse flick.

I also like how they didn't waste a lot of time getting into the main story line. I wanna say they went into the zombie stuff probably 5 minutes into the movie. Typically directors will burn the first 15-20 minutes of movies introducing the characters and defining their relationships with one another. I appreciate this film's director getting right to the story line.

Two things that disappointed me though......

They never did explain exactly what the virus was or how it came about. After spending 2 hours in the theater I wanted a little closure.

Also, I thought it was a bit cheesy that the Zombies only attacked healthy people. Pitt's character somehow deduces that people with terminal illnesses aren't seen as a viable host so the zombies ignore them. That explanation kind of makes it seem as if the infected masses were being used as hosts by aliens. There was never any mention of aliens or hint of aliens in the film, but I just find it hard to believe that a human can all of a sudden sense that a person has cancer, AIDS, or some other disease.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I thought it was just ok. Usually a movie has more than one character in it...and for the most part it only had Brad Pitt. So when people died, I didn't really care because I was not invested in them.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
The super fast athletic zombies don't do anything for me, just based off the previews.

data

Forbes #1
I enjoyed World War Z more than Man of Steel.

Essentially, World War Z wasn't a zombie movie, but a typical end-of-world movie that happened to have zombies.

However, I thought it was well-paced, intense, no hokey scenes, no-nonsense and got the job done.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Has anyone talked about "This is the End" with Rogen, Franco, Craig Robinson, Jonah Hill, etc?

I haven't seen much hype for it but I went and saw it tonite and it was hilarious. Figured someone like Carp woulda been all over it.

Last edited:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Has anyone talked about "This is the End" with Rogen, Franco, Craig Robinson, Jonah Hill, etc?

I haven't seen much hype for it but I went and saw it tonite and it was hilarious. Figured someone like Carp woulda been all over it.
I saw it and I did mention it in this thread a week or so ago. Very funny. Really got a kick out of it. Wasn't an all-timer or anything but entertaining for sure. Many funny parts/performances but Danny McBride is a scene stealer. That guy is over-the-top/hilarious.

The wife and I watched "This Is 40" last night. Funny as hell and versions of many of those scenes/conversations have happened in my house at one point or another. Hit awfully close to home. Laughed out loud several times though.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I just got back from watching it. I thought it was a solid apocalypse flick.

I also like how they didn't waste a lot of time getting into the main story line. I wanna say they went into the zombie stuff probably 5 minutes into the movie. Typically directors will burn the first 15-20 minutes of movies introducing the characters and defining their relationships with one another. I appreciate this film's director getting right to the story line.

Two things that disappointed me though......

They never did explain exactly what the virus was or how it came about. After spending 2 hours in the theater I wanted a little closure.

Also, I thought it was a bit cheesy that the Zombies only attacked healthy people. Pitt's character somehow deduces that people with terminal illnesses aren't seen as a viable host so the zombies ignore them. That explanation kind of makes it seem as if the infected masses were being used as hosts by aliens. There was never any mention of aliens or hint of aliens in the film, but I just find it hard to believe that a human can all of a sudden sense that a person has cancer, AIDS, or some other disease.
I thought it was solid entertainment, nothing special.

I don't think he just all of a sudden sensed what was wrong. I noticed that those zombies were running past people who were being still, so I thought that's what it was. I guess he realized that the bald kid appeared to have cancer and the solider was obviously hurt or something. Anyway, it sure looks like there's a sequel in the works because he talks about "buying time" and not that it cured everything. So it's possible we'll get a sequel or something.

Also, didn't one of the guys at the WHO say that anything in that bin would kill him? So did the chick shoot him up with a vaccine when he got back? I couldn't tell if she shot him up with a cure, or gave him another dose of some virus or whatever so that way he could walk the streets and not be detected.

Top Bottom