Must See Movies

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Finally went and saw Baby Driver tonight, really fun movie and didn't disappoint after all the hype

Cool. Glad you liked it.

That is the best way I can describe it. Fun. Doesn't take itself too seriously, but never crosses over into the realm of disbelief.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Wanted to see that but my theater yanked it.

For the epitome of a piece of shit movie that shows our complete moral decay in The Emoji Movie.
It was hard to find here too, but they had it at my local Alamo Drafthouse...that was fun to watch the movie there.

Pretty much all the performances were great...Romano and Hunter in particular.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Its beating the Emoji Movie
Speaking of beating the emoji movie

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was kind of thinking about going to see it. Then I saw a preview.

Uhhh............
They just totally missed the boat on Roland. The character in the previews just doesn't have that miserable deadly bastard attitude that Roland should have.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I will see Dark Tower eventually...word of mouth is terrible. I was really looking forward to seeing Matty Matt as a villian, but it seems like they just having him say formula bad guy lines. I really wish he would have passed on this and be Norman Osbourne down the road.

dallen

Senior Tech
Apparently one of his lines is, "Ah, I see you are still impervious to my magicks." I haven't seen it, but McConaughey forcing that terrible writing through his East Texas drawl sounds kinda magnificent.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Icarus was a very good documentary on Netflix. The Russian Olympic doping was pretty amazing. The documentary started one way and completely changed into a compelling story.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I dunno, King Arthur Legend of the Sword was entertaining. I had heard it was awful.
It was okay. Yeah, I would be pissed if I spent eight bucks on a ticket for it though. But seriously what goes through a producers mind when they are making a very expensive movie about King Arthur?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
It was okay. Yeah, I would be pissed if I spent eight bucks on a ticket for it though. But seriously what goes through a producers mind when they are making a very expensive movie about King Arthur?
SEQUELS!!!!

It is all anyone cares about anymore. Make a mindless mashup with tons of action and hope the window lickers come out in droves to pay for it. Then make sequels until they don't. Fast and Furious series is what everyone is trying to make.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
SEQUELS!!!!

It is all anyone cares about anymore. Make a mindless mashup with tons of action and hope the window lickers come out in droves to pay for it. Then make sequels until they don't. Fast and Furious series is what everyone is trying to make.
It just requires originality and frankly a lot of luck. Right place right time.

Peele did a fine job on this movie. But in the same respect, it hit a nerve at just the right time.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Logan Lucky was good...not great like it was made out to be. As an aside...Seth McFarland sucks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just flipping channels and Watchmen is on HBO.

I didn't like it all that much when it came out but it is pretty good in retrospect.

It definitely has its flaws but in comparison to some other comic book movies, it is pretty good.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Just flipping channels and Watchmen is on HBO.

I didn't like it all that much when it came out but it is pretty good in retrospect.

It definitely has its flaws but in comparison to some other comic book movies, it is pretty good.
I liked it too. It was a wide array of Super Heros and pursuits. The effects were good as well.

Top Bottom