Must See Movies

Carp

DCC 4Life
Dark Tower was horrid...It was greatness...American Vandal is a classic.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Dark Tower was horrid...It was greatness...American Vandal is a classic.
Competing reviews from multiple personalities? :shrug

I finally watched Baby Driver. Great driving scenes, but the movie was 3 outa 5 at best.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Competing reviews from multiple personalities? :shrug

I finally watched Baby Driver. Great driving scenes, but the movie was 3 outa 5 at best.
Thank you! I said this and almost got ostracized from the board.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

1:32 mark.

Why? Why do they continually feel they must add "cute" CGI things into these movies?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Watched American Made tonight. I wasn't blown away by it was pretty decent. Worth the ticket.

D

Deuce

Why? Why do they continually feel they must add "cute" CGI things into these movies?
Because that's the toy that sells. When Rogue 1 came out, two toys were flooded at the Disney Store. The sarcastic droid and some big, plodding animal that was used for maybe 10 seconds in the film. But kids wanted it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Man, that looks good. I'm really looking forward to it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Saw the new Blade Runner movie last night.

It was what I expected. Aesthetically beautiful. A little short otherwise.

Ana de Armas....wow. She is breathtaking.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Yea sadly it's getting the same treatment from the mouthbreather critics that Hannibal did, and she's my new crush too.

data

Forbes #1
I’m guessing someone ends up frozen in carbonite at the end of Ep 8

fortsbest

DCC 4Life

When the original came out, Sean Young was finer than hell too. Then she went bat shit crazy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When the original came out, Sean Young was finer than hell too. Then she went bat shit crazy.
Feh.

She never struck me as fine as hell. Beyond Blade Runner and No Way Out, I really don't remember much of anything else she did.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member

They got me in a theater for the first time in a decade, to watch "Blade Runner 2049."

Previously the last movie I watched in a theater was "Superman Returns."

On Blade Runner - totally speechless on the visuals, but after a couple of days to reflect I realized that's really all that drove the show. Visually it not only pays homage to the original, it expands on it to the nth degree. Stunning, it was throughout. Story wise, it left a lot to be desired. For me it fell flat, and this is coming from the kid inside, who had actually read the original Phillip K. Dick novel all of this is based on, before seeing the first movie. And who immediately loved the first movie although it was completely different from the novel.

In this movie there was no real message, no real point to it all. No moving speeches, no real evocation of emotion in it. I think they were trying to make a allegory to today's social justice stuff but it really just didn't move. It seemed like exactly what it was, "Hey it's cool now we can do all of this with CG so let's do it then build a sort of framing story around all these great visuals."

Instead of having a great story, and then applying the visuals to it. But, that's movie making today. Not a lot different than making a video game.

All that said it was a great experience, movie theaters have come a long way in the last ten years and I do highly recommend this movie for all. It doesn't come anywhere close to the "c-beam" speech the original had at the end, but it's well worth the ten bucks to go see.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I watched Spider man: Homecoming again last night.

It holds up quite while for repeat viewings.

Top Bottom