Must See Movies

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
A little Django tidbit for you... Will Smith was originally offered the role of Django, but he turned it down.

I'm glad. I'm not a big Jamie Foxx guy, but he was excellent in that role. Will Smith is boring to me.
Foxx was one of the guys I didn't care for.

Waltz carried what there was of the movie IMO. Just like IB.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I know tons of people are slobbing DiCaprio's knob about his role in that movie. And, as much as I love his performance, I think Fox did just as well and should be just as recognized for it. His character progression through the movie was amazing and deserving of an Oscar.
1. Waltz
2. Leonardo
3. Samuel L. Jackson
4. James Remar
5. Foxx

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
1. Waltz
2. Leonardo
3. Samuel L. Jackson
4. James Remar
5. Foxx
1. Bob Roberts
2. Skidadl
3. 2233
4. JiggyFly
5. boozeman

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would definitely put him below Waltz and Leonardo. He was still very good in his particular role.
I dunno...he just didn't come across like he should. Waltz and Leo ran circles around him and you are supposed to get into Foxx's character.

I didn't. Sue me.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I dunno...he just didn't come across like he should. Waltz and Leo ran circles around him and you are supposed to get into Foxx's character.

I didn't. Sue me.
Can we agree that he was better than Will Smith would have been? Though to be fair, that's not saying much.

Don't get me wrong, Will Smith isn't terrible, but like I said, he just bores me.

Cotton

Staff member
Can we agree that he was better than Will Smith would have been? Though to be fair, that's not saying much.

Don't get me wrong, Will Smith isn't terrible, but like I said, he just bores me.
I think Will Smith is one dimensional. He is fairly good at that dimension, but he is not outside of it. Same with Samuel L. Jackson. He is a really good angry black man, but an awful member of the Jedi council.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I am not a big Will Smith fan, so yeah.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Will Smith is one dimensional. He is fairly good at that dimension, but he is not outside of it. Same with Samuel L. Jackson. He is a really good angry black man, but an awful member of the Jedi council.
Maybe that is the issue. Foxx didn't come across as enough of the angry black man...which to be honest...was kinda the point.

Maybe Samuel would have pulled it off for me.

In fact, I can imagine a few scenes with him doing Foxx's part and approving.

Cotton

Staff member
Maybe that is the issue. Foxx didn't come across as enough of the angry black man...which to be honest...was kinda the point.

Maybe Samuel would have pulled it off for me.

In fact, I can imagine a few scenes with him doing Foxx's part and approving.
I think that's what made Foxx's performance even better is he showed how a negro in that situation would have to hold back from being the angry black man long enough to attain freedom. I thought he did it amazingly.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think that's what made Foxx's performance even better is he showed how a negro in that situation would have to hold back from being the angry black man long enough to attain freedom. I thought he did it amazingly.
Feh. Didn't look at it that deep.

Must be racist.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's been out for 20 years but I watched The Fugitive for the first time. Pretty good movie.

As an aside, I always get a kick out of seeing big time actors of today playing bit roles while they're cutting their teeth in the industry. I saw a few recognizable faces in the fugitive.

The dike female coach from Glee was in it and the dad from The Middle, Mike Heck, played a transit cop that got shot on the L train towards the end of the movie.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
:buddy

I did...I expected it to suck and it was entertaining. It was a trashy campy movie that passed the time.

Too bad that offends Rev's snobby nature.
See, I saw it as a deconstruction of the horror genre that would appeal to snobs like me, while you just had fun. Sign of a good movie with appeal. Rev sucks. Bite me Rev. That is all.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
See, I saw it as a deconstruction of the horror genre that would appeal to snobs like me, while you just had fun. Sign of a good movie with appeal. Rev sucks. Bite me Rev. That is all.
I am not a fan of slasher/horror flicks either. You said better than I.

Except for the last part about Rev.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol

GFY and take your crappy movies with you.

Just thought it was stupid and not worth the two hours. Oh well, glad you guys liked it. I will just have to go over your movie reviews carefully in the future.

Top Bottom