Monday Night Football Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Cardinals | 9/25/2017

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Aside from the game against Denver, who clearly has the best secondary in the league and one of the most difficult HFA's for opposing QB's in recent years, Prescott is 37/57 (65%) for 451 yards, good for 7.9 YPA, with 3 passing TD's and 1 rushing.

And that's against two of the better secondaries/defenses in the league, so I'm not too concerned about him to say the least.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aside from the game against Denver, who clearly has the best secondary in the league and one of the most difficult HFA's for opposing QB's in recent years, Prescott is 37/57 (65%) for 451 yards, good for 7.9 YPA, with 3 passing TD's and 1 rushing.

And that's against two of the better secondaries/defenses in the league, so I'm not too concerned about him to say the least.
It was also shitty weather and our guys were slipping and falling everywhere. I hate to use that as some sort of an excuse since both teams had to deal with it but frankly the Bronco's are used to playing on natural grass and we aren't. They had the right cleats on and their guys weren't falling, only ours were.

data

Forbes #1
I must say, talk of shooting people in the head is a much nicer subject for the game thread than all the political bullshit that was in the last one.
Which is why I specifically asked you the question. I figured you'd provide appreciated additional detail. F'n, Schmitty. :lol

Oh well. Monkey off the back and big sigh of relief after a Cowboys win.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

He still looks a little off, but I'm hoping that the staff running an offense that more closely resembles what we did last season helps him to get into a groove earlier into the game and allows him to look sharper as the game progresses.

While a lot of the positives from the offense have been discussed already, one of the things we haven't mentioned was how he stopped forcing it to Dez.

I don't think it's a coincidence at all that the combination of a more balanced attack, better playcalling overall, and more patience from Dak all led to us seeing the best offensive performance of the year.

If we just stop trying to be cute and go back to what works for us, we'll be fine going forward.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So we all agree that Iamtdg is bad luck right? I mean that much is brutally obvious. Hell didn't he cause a loss last year after starting the chatter thread too?
Shut it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
God I'm watching the replay now and they just showed the 4th and 1 offside by Mayowa. I'm absolutely baffled by what the official saw as offsides. Not only was he not offsides but he wasn't even our furthest lined up Dlineman. I just don't have any idea how calls like that get fucked up.

vince

Not So New Member
God I'm watching the replay now and they just showed the 4th and 1 offside by Mayowa. I'm absolutely baffled by what the official saw as offsides. Not only was he not offsides but he wasn't even our furthest lined up Dlineman. I just don't have any idea how calls like that get fucked up.
Yea that one was complete garbage. But had it been against a team like the Patriots or Packers I would've definitely flipped my shit.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I thought that was a BS call when it happened. Glad you mentioned the replay, I didn't realize it was on so I'm watching now.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, that was a load of horse shit. Stuff like that makes me wish that penalties could be reviewed. I know it would slow the game down even more, but something like that can directly affect the outcome of a game. Maybe give each team one penalty challenge per game. I'd bet there are a lot of games where it would never be used.

I doubt coaches would use it on a ticky tack defensive holding in the middle of the 3rd quarter because they'd want to save it for an egregious error that might actually sway the outcome later on in the game. Just think how handy that sucker would have been in last years playoffs when the Packers Oline was brutally molesting David Irving during that pivotal pass completion late in the game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah, that was a load of horse shit. Stuff like that makes me wish that penalties could be reviewed. I know it would slow the game down even more, but something like that can directly affect the outcome of a game. Maybe give each team one penalty challenge per game. I'd bet there are a lot of games where it would never be used.

I doubt coaches would use it on a ticky tack defensive holding in the middle of the 3rd quarter because they'd want to save it for an egregious error that might actually sway the outcome later on in the game. Just think how handy that sucker would have been in last years playoffs when the Packers Oline was brutally molesting David Irving during that pivotal pass completion late in the game.
I think a better idea so as not to slow the game down as much would be to have a booth let officials know when they get stuff like that wrong.

Something so egregious like that shouldn't be allowed to stand especially when it so clear when you watch a replay that they got it wrong.

Cotton

Staff member
I will get to posting some gifs when I get back from lunch.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He called them St. Louis a couple of years ago.
Sometime the memory just emerges and manifests itself. I also called St. Louis the L.A. Rams and now they are again. Ain't it funny how things work out.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom