Monday Night Football Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Cardinals | 9/25/2017

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep they went after him which is the smart thing to do with a rookie playing due to injury. Unfortunately for the Cards it wasn't very successful because he played at a very high level.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Monday Night Football ratings up for the season, way up for Week 3

Monday Night Football ratings up for the season, way up for Week 3

Last night’s Cowboys-Cardinals game was easily the most-watched Monday night game of the season so far, and through four games Monday Night Football ratings are up over last season.

Cowboys-Cardinals got a 9.3 overnight rating for ESPN, easily the highest-rated Monday night game of the year. That came despite some talk that the controversy surrounding players kneeling during the national anthem would depress NFL ratings.

The 9.3 overnight rating is way up from last year’s Week Three Monday night game, although last year’s game was played at the same time as a presidential debate, so the Week Three 2017 vs. Week Three 2016 comparison is flawed.

A better measurement is that the four Monday Night Football games so far this season have averaged a 7.8 overnight rating, compared to a 6.5 overnight rating for the first four Monday Night Football games last season. And even if you throw out the game that went up against the debate last year, Monday Night Football is up year to date over the 2016 average.

For the weekend as a whole, ESPN and CBS were up, NBC and FOX were down, and on aggregate ratings across the NFL were up about 3 percent from Week Three last year. So there’s no reason to believe that the national anthem controversy hurt the NFL in the ratings department.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
What an absolute whiff that was by Green.

And Frederick got owned there too.
Just goes to show you can't take blocking like we got in 2014 and 2016 for granted. When it all comes together up front it's like a mini-miracle and needs to be capitalized on. Green Bay's in the same boat relative to last season.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Just goes to show you can't take blocking like we got in 2014 and 2016 for granted. When it all comes together up front it's like a mini-miracle and needs to be capitalized on. Green Bay's in the same boat relative to last season.
I've said this already, but Collins is better as a G. Not only that, but I think Green would be better as a T than as a G, so swapping them both would see improvement in both areas.

I think Collins especially because in his case I think he has a chance to excel there. Green would be an improvement, but I don't think he'd be anything special. But if you got an improvement from both guys at each spot, then this results in better play overall from the line.

I'd continue with this until the Green Bay game. If we're still struggling a bit by that point, I'd use the extra week of practice to get guys acclimated to the change.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Stars

DCC 4Life
Looking at those above gifs, when the defense is selling out that hard and slanting thru at a million miles an hour, you gotta run some counters, some misdirections, some reverses. You can't just toss right, hand off right and expect our line to maul everyone. Get creative. Burn them a couple of times and then maul them.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The crazy part about those stats is that they don't even tell the whole story. He had another sack taken off the board and honestly was right there on many other plays. Just an insanely good game out of Lawrence.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom