Monday Night Football Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Cardinals | 9/25/2017

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It doesn't have to necessarily be a read option every time.

Passes from under center, play-action, rollouts, etc.

All these types of plays get him moving a bit and maximize our potential as an offense.
Yes, any misdirection, please.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm not sure I am happy about this win. It took me leaving the chatter thread for a bit to get the team back on track. I'm not going to want to go with that gameplan every week. We are going to have to figure something else out.
I think you should completely leave the board on game day. Maybe it will start the team on a dominant win streak.

I'm willing to take this chance.

Cotton

Staff member
Let's not pretend that Larry Fitzgerald is some run of the mill WR. He's a first ballot HOFer that is still playing near the top of his peak. Even at his age, he led the league in receptions just last year.

65 year old Fitz had 109 and 107 catches the last two years. Not too shabby for a 63 and 64 year old WR. The guy is a machine.
That is insane.

Cotton

Staff member
You need to figure [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION] out. Hitting milestone posts earlier and we win that game in a laugher.
Yeah, I'm not sure what happened to him last night. I was seriously worried there for a bit.

Cotton

Staff member
I think you should completely leave the board on game day. Maybe it will start the team on a dominant win streak.

Shut yer mouth.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah, I'm not sure what happened to him last night. I was seriously worried there for a bit.
I think he posted once in the thread sometime in the 2nd quarter and never returned.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
So you just don't care about this team.

Duly noted.
I do care. But, it's the chatter thread, man. It felt really weird setting my laptop down last night.

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Collins needs to move to G.

I think it would help both him and the line as a whole. He didn't have the quickness necessary to be a good tackle.
I don't know if I'd agree with that yet. I'd probably give Collins more time at tackle.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
But it poses a risk to our franchise QB. Once he goes down, it's over.

Don't get me wrong. I want to utilize Dak in this fashion as much as possible. But it just sucks that we have no real backup QB.
Most teams have no adequate answer if they lose their starter.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, any misdirection, please.
Even just throwing the ball from under center we looked totally different. I get that the rest of the NFL is going to the shot gun spread stuff but this team is built off the run game. You have to keep the defense on their toes and the best way to do that is to be under center on most plays.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know if I'd agree with that yet. I'd probably give Collins more time at tackle.
I've been wavering on this today. I think Chaz right now would be the better RT. But you have to remember that Collins is learning a new position and it's gong to take time. So my hope is that Collins continues to grow as a ST and becomes the stud we want.

Funny thing is Chaz is sort of learning a new position as well. And frankly Tyron Smith looks like he is still shaking the rust from not playing at all in the off-season yet again.

data

Forbes #1

You're stuck on a deserted island with Iamtdg and me. You have one bullet. Who do you shoot?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You're stuck on a deserted island with Iamtdg and me. You have one bullet. Who do you shoot?
No worries. I carry a .45 FMJ. I'd line you both up side by side.

One through the temple would take you both out.

Top Bottom