Monday Night Football Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Cardinals | 9/25/2017

GShock

DCC 4Life
And Dak under 20 attempts. That's the formula.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Why go 3 and out with 4 to 5 minutes on the clock and go to a prevent defense which almost allows them to score and try an on side kick. That was the time on the clock when I made the statement.
We did not go prevent. We were still blitzing and not in so much of a shell that Fitzgerald was able to get behind Scandrick.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Let's not pretend that Larry Fitzgerald is some run of the mill WR. He's a first ballot HOFer that is still playing near the top of his peak. Even at his age, he led the league in receptions just last year.

65 year old Fitz had 109 and 107 catches the last two years. Not too shabby for a 63 and 64 year old WR. The guy is a machine.
Absolutely. But, the guy is still up there in age, and he is not as dynamic as he once was- yet he is still making huge plays all over the field and that's because Arians is scheming to get the guy into favorable matchups.

I just don't see our staff doing that with Dez.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Lots of comments about how great the Cards defense is... we sure about that? Peterson is great and Honey Badger is very good but is their front that great? It has been in the past but I'm not sure about now.

Anyway, let's hope they stick with last year's bootlegs, zone read, movement and misdirection offense like they did in the second half. Trying to make Dak into a pure pocket passer is as dumb as Garrett trying to make Romo into Troy Aikman when he first became OC.

vince

Not So New Member
Lots of comments about how great the Cards defense is... we sure about that? Peterson is great and Honey Badger is very good but is their front that great? It has been in the past but I'm not sure about now.

Anyway, let's hope they stick with last year's bootlegs, zone read, movement and misdirection offense like they did in the second half. Trying to make Dak into a pure pocket passer is as dumb as Garrett trying to make Romo into Troy Aikman when he first became OC.
Aren't they ranked like number 3 in run stop?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

They led the league in sacks last year. Chandler Jones had 11 sacks last season and Marcus Golden had 12.5.

On top of that they boast young first round picks like Haasan Reddick and Robert Nkemdiche in their front seven. I'm not saying they are an elite defense but they are pretty damn good. Certainly a tough front seven and pass rush.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And Dak under 20 attempts. That's the formula.
I'd like a few more passes from Dak than that but I think part of the reason for those low numbers was that we didn't really have any long offensive drives. We either started on the Cardinals side of the field or drove the distance with big plays. Eventually Dallas is going to get back in their groove of 10+ play drives though and you'll see the rushing attempts and passing attempt go up from there.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Calais Campbell was a big part of their defense last year. obviously with the young talent behind him they had to let him go but he's still at the top in sacks early in the season. Also a good run stopper.

Cardinals defense is good not great. I think Honey Badger had a pretty awful game last night and thats not the norm. Didn't think Pat Peterson had that a good game either

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You're stuck on a deserted island with Iamtdg and me. You have one bullet. Who do you shoot?
No worries. I carry a .45 FMJ. I'd line you both up side by side.

One through the temple would take you both out.
I don't believe I like either of your tones.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So we all agree that Iamtdg is bad luck right? I mean that much is brutally obvious. Hell didn't he cause a loss last year after starting the chatter thread too?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We did not go prevent. We were still blitzing and not in so much of a shell that Fitzgerald was able to get behind Scandrick.
True but the Dalla series succumbed to a 3 and out rather than try to go for a first down and retain possession.

data

Forbes #1
No worries. I carry a .45 FMJ. I'd line you both up side by side.

One through the temple would take you both out.
Is a .45 FMJ one of those that would explode our heads unrecognizable or would it leave a smooth tunnel through-and-through you could fit a straw through?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Is a .45 FMJ one of those that would explode our heads unrecognizable or would it leave a smooth tunnel through-and-through you could fit a straw through?
FMJ- Full metal jacket. It's a piercing round, not an expanding/exploding round like a soft tip hollow point. It's used for penetration, so at close range it would make short work of a couple of skulls. It wouldn't make your head into cherry pie like a hollow point would, but the exit wound would leave a big hole and nasty mess.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I must say, talk of shooting people in the head is a much nicer subject for the game thread than all the political bullshit that was in the last one.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'd like a few more passes from Dak than that but I think part of the reason for those low numbers was that we didn't really have any long offensive drives. We either started on the Cardinals side of the field or drove the distance with big plays. Eventually Dallas is going to get back in their groove of 10+ play drives though and you'll see the rushing attempts and passing attempt go up from there.
The turning point of the game was the verticle passing with Butler. Phoenix had to restructure and that made the running game for Dallas to get better. That needs to become part part ef every game plan.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
The turning point of the game was the verticle passing with Butler. Phoenix had to restructure and that made the running game for Dallas to get better. That needs to become part part ef every game plan.
Your age is showing sir!

Top Bottom